Chapter 12

"Throw me into the wolves, and I'll return leading the pack." - Anonymous

Earth Kingdom
Chrysanthemum Estate
Infirmary

Artemis' POV

I did all the best I can do, even drawing magic from Heaven through the bond. The wounds were lethal, however, and I only managed to stop the bleeding and heal her a fraction - not entirely. She was unbelievably silent the whole time, enduring the pain like she was doing it all her life. I already know she'll be tought to crack. Answers won't come easy. Fyrrah, Alessio, Alexander and Heaven were outside, waiting for me to finish bandaging her.

"Will it hurt to retract your other wings?" I asked when I noticed they took up a lot of space, quite a nuisance if I may add.

"I would if I could," she said in a 'duh' tone, but not hostile. "Once the wounds closed, I'll be able to."

"Alright," I stood, "Rest. You need plenty of sleep. I'll be back tomorrow morning with healing potions to fasten your regeneration."

"What's your name?" She asked all of a sudden.

"Artemis, you are..?"

"Cara. Cara D'Angelo." She smiled gratefully then, "Thank you, Artemis."

I smiled at her, silently thanking every deity that although she's broken physically - emotionally she's completely whole. It will take more than an accident to destroy her spirit. "It's nothing, I'm not the one who went all the way across the immortal river to find a healer though. He's worried shit, and I doubt he even knows you."

She chuckled, "I am grateful that he's the one who found me. I know how to repay a debt, don't worry."

"Goodbye, Cara." I waved before leaving the room.

Everyone stood tensed outside when I came out, patiently waiting for anything coming from me. Heaven encircled an arm around my waist when he sensed I will crumble soon from exhaustion.

"You okay, love?" He asked lowly, worry evident in his tone all the while pushing more energy from his stone towards my aura through our bond.

"I'm fine, thanks." I smiled weakly.

"How is she, Wiccan?" Fyrrah still seemed nervous about her condition.

"She's fine now, though not completely healed. I'll be back tomorrow for potions, for now let her rest."

Prince Alexander nodded thoughtfuly before he sighed in relief, "Thank you, Lady Artemis."

"It's nothing, really." I then remembered our little talk, "Her name's Cara by the way. Cara D'Angelo. Ring any bells?"

"No," both kings answered in unison.

"Really? But she's a royal." I asked confused.

"Celestial beings don't have royals, Art. Only ranks, and they get it by training." Alessio's statement made me frown deeper. I saw her aura, a gold always signify a royal - and I can't be wrong about the seal. Alexander met my eyes and his eyes flashed vibrant green for a second I thought I was hallucinating. I looked into his aura and found the gold in it, the earth stone hovering in the middle.

The Leon.

I have a feeling Cara D'Angelo is meant to change the Celestial Kingdom, two heirs meeting each other was never a coincidence. There has to be something here, like Fyrrah and Alessio. Probably me and Heaven too.

"Can we head back now? I feel like I was trampled by two elephants." I murmured softly in Heaven's ear, and he tightened his hold on me as a response.

"Let's get you home, baby." He kissed my temples softly, ignoring the stares around us.

***

Fyrrah and Alessio were in the next chamber, they're going to spend the night here and they're still trying to convince Heaven to let me go. Me and Heaven went to our room immediately. I need rest and he doesn't want to leave me.

I was lying on the bed, curled up in fetal position while he's doing his paperworks on the balcony. I kept trying to fall asleep but I can't. I turned my back on him and tried again but I can't.

Sigh. Maybe a glass of milk will do.

I was about to sit when an arm wrapped around me from behind, the same moment the bed dipped behind me. "You're restless. What's wrong?" Heaven asked softly.

"I can't sleep," I murmured softly.

"Come here," he pulled me closer and tightened both of his arms on my frame and I felt his body heat and the air stone mildly humming in content. His knuckles gently caressed my arms up to my shoulder and exposed neck, relaxing my tensed muscles. "Listen to the stone baby, it's singing." He said as he rained tiny kisses on my nape.

I closed my eyes and listened to its soft hum. I felt it covering my aura with soft plasma that calmed me. Heaven nipped at my exposed shoulders gently, making me wonder if he's really trying to make me sleep.

"Heaven?"

"Hmm?"

"What will happen after we complete our bond?"

He turned me around to face him before capturing my lips heatedly and possessively. His hands wandered all over my body as he dominated me with the kiss. My arms wrapped around his neck, fingers digging softly on his back occassionaly making him growl. As we moved away from each other he licked his lips, a burning emotion in his eyes.

"You'll be mine entirely, and I'll be yours. You'll be the Air Kingdom's queen and we'll build our own little family. The bond will be stronger than ever, I'll want you more and more as the days go by." He kissed me again, this time teasingly and playfuly. His hands caught both of my wrist, pulling them above my head in a secure grip. He then rolled on top of me, pulling the neckline of my dress further down on the shoulders with his teeth. He inhaled my scent and kissed every bit of my skin exposed. His eyes turned into an eagle eye when he reached my chest, the dress low enough to reveal a bit of cleavage. He smirked, letting his tongue lick the skin which made my eyes widen.

"Heaven!" I scolded, stupefied.

He laughed heartily then, "What? We'll know more if we do it now."

Unbelievable.