Chapter 5

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley

Air Kingdom
White Castle
The King's Chamber

Artemis' POV

The past days passed by in a blur, either I was busy making potions or reading books in the Great Library. Right now I'm filling four boxes with vials to be sent to each pack back in the Werewolf Kingdom, including the castle infirmary. I included a list of the items and labelled the vials to prevent giving out a different medication instead of what's needed. I named each box: Crescent, Nightshade, Moonlight and Romanov Estate. I would request someone to deliver them later, or I could personally.

As much as possible I tried avoiding the Air King. The guilt of his father's death nagged at the back of my mind - taunting me that soon I'll be having the same fate. Heaven was right.

We are damned, Wiccan blood is cursed.

Arkas of the North, my father's name known to most immortals. He was and still is the strongest male witch - wizard - to ever walked the Immortal Realm, even when he already passed away. My mother, Thana Valentine, was the daughter of one member of the Witch Council that runs the Witch Territory. The witches of the north have unusually strong magic feared by the council. Father had predicted that one day, our bloodline's power will be our downfall. So when I was born, my father created Ahba, the Winter Warrior Dragon, from his very own magic and my soul. So technically, he's my brother. He was my protector, playmate and friend, too. This triggered unease to the council and decided enough is enough.

The Witch Cleansing happened.

All witches of the north were killed in just one day and one night. My parents were high targets, but mother managed to bring me to safety before getting killed. Those days still haunted my nightmares, what I had gone through instilled constant fear for my life. Those happenings weren't supposed to be experienced by a seven-year-old kid, in fact, none of my relatives deserved those. We were hunted like we're wild pigs spreading diseases.

Seeing Ahba's soul imprisoned in the west tower made all memories resurface. It hurt me to see him in that state, isolated and warded like a deadly prisoner when in truth his soul is as pure as a child's. His soul can still pass to the afterlife, to the realm of the dead. His soul has to be complete, that will only happen if I die. We'll become one again and pass on together to the afterlife. I have a feeling that will happen very soon.

"Lady Artemis," A light tap on the doorway accompanied a guard's voice.

"Yes? Is everything alright?" I asked, opening the door to answer.

The guard seemed young and shy but when I smiled he seemed to relax a little, "King Aer is requesting for your presence in the Dining Hall. Alpha King Romanov and his Queen are here, they're asking for you."

"Tell them I'll be down in a few minutes. I'll just freshen up."

The boy nodded immediately and left. I finished what I was doing and cleaned myself before hurrying downstairs. I arrived in the Dining Hall and saw the three of them engaged in a serious discussion. Heaven was seated at the head, on his left sat Alessio and beside him was Fyrrah. I guessed my place was at the right, beside Heaven and in front of Alessio.

"Sorry I took so long, I finished the packages I was to deliver in your kingdom." I apologized immediately to which Fyrrah just smiled.

"It's okay. I guess we'll take the potions with us when we go back." She commented before her expression turned concerned. "How are you, Wiccan girl? Is this man treating you alright?? I can make him 'fried Aguila' anytime, just one kiss to momma and I'll do it."

Her words made me and Alessio chuckle. The Air King raised an eyebrow at that, "This man have ears, you know."

"I said the threat aloud on purpose so you can hear. That way you'll have to keep every inch of her body intact until she returns to our kingdom."

Uh-oh.

The Air King's jaw tightened, his eyes turned yellow and I can feel his possessiveness rising. Alessio growled lowly in warning, arms reaching out to Fyrrah. Heaven finally spoke, "She's not leaving. Ever." He said it coldly. Final.

It's natural for Alessio to defend my rights, my protection was passed on his shoulders afterall. "You can't decide for her, Aer. Besides, her home is the Werewolf Kingdom. She's here for your promised protection, but her life is in our kingdom." His face was passive, yet firm.

I can sense Heaven's stone reacting like a storm brewing. Fyrrah sensed it too, then her gaze drifted to me as if studying me closely. Her eyes widened when she realized what Heaven was trying to protect.

Our bond.

"Oh my cheesecakes." She mumbled, staring at me with her mouth agape.

Alessio thought she was meaning something else. Cheesecakes, she's pregnant afterall. The Alpha King panicked, "Are you hungry, little elf?? Do you want cheesecakes? I'll go get some-"

"You bonded!" She exclaimed in excitement. Alessio felt relieved for a minute but then his eyes widened.

"YOU WHAT?!"

That growl shook the whole castle.

***

We were forced to explain everything that happened the night I first got here. We also added the vision I had in connection. Thankfully, Alessio took it well this time. By saying 'well' I mean he only asked to unbond twice. Heaven's deadly stare was the only answer. Seeing he'll never convince Heaven, he diverted the topic to Heaven's plan on stopping the rebellion.

"We'll play defense first. We don't know enough information yet but my men's roaming the territory to sniff out clues. Once we do, we spy."

Fyrrah nodded in agreement, "It took me decades to bring down Leo. I started with your strategy too, the only difference is that I was only with my siblings while you have an entire army at your command. You'll infiltrate them real fast."

"Our kingdom is ready to help. Anytime, we owe you big time." Alessio offered to which Heaven nodded.

"Thank you but never feel obligated to repay me."

The dinner continued in silence. I was busy slicing a portion of my meal when I felt a stir of magic in front of me. Little, yet demanding. I raised an eyebrow and met Fyrrah's gaze. She was just staring at me, like she wanted to box me and take me home just to stare at me all day.

Pregnancy hormones.

I smiled at her then looked at her aura. My brows furrowed when I saw not one, but two auras in her womb. My eyes widened in realization.

Two unprotected baby heirs.

"You'll be having twins." I said it casually, but the reaction I got was priceless.

Alessio, the mighty Alpha King and Lycan, fainted. Yes, he did. With his eyes open.

Fyrrah seemed to be enjoying her husband's state though 'cause she refused when the guards offered to lift him or atleast wake him up. Instead, she splashed cold water in his face. Alessio stood up immediately, drinking lots of water and almost drowning. He even took mine.

"Damn it, Art. Don't drop the bomb when I'm not ready!" He complained growling. He was still hyperventilating. "But is it true? Are we really having twins??" His eyes sparkled with happiness and Fyrrah chuckled.

"Yes, you are. They're pretty strong. To make sure I will have to shield them. After two months you won't be able to transform into your dragon form until the end of your pregnancy, Fyrrah. Your dragon will replace the shield with a stronger one."

As I touched her baby bump I felt sadness washed over me. Nevertheless I continued creating a shield around the two. When I'm done I went back to my seat. Staring at them both made me accept the reality that I can never be as happy like them. The chance of me ever loving like that can never happen. I was damned. I was cursed. A child won't be safe with me.

Our bloodline will be forever hunted down.