Chapter 13

Christina walked down to the Quidditch Pitch and stood for a few seonds taking a deep breath of the cold night air. She paused for a moment and took in her surrounding and then apparated off of the field. She walked down the corridor of Malfoy Mansion when she came to her usual room. She walked in without any thought and headed to the windows. She twirled the curtains between her fingers and put her fingers to the crack on the window where she and Draco had accidentally sent a bludger through it. Her fingers traced the bedpost where she and Draco had carved their names into it.

On Christina's bed she noticed the one thing that had changed since she left for Hogwarts. There was a small package on the pillow. She picked it up and lifted the note on the outside. She read it aloud though there was no one there to hear her. Christina, Meet me in the drawling room. Enjoy these!

It wasn't signed however there was a heavy package beneath the note. She peeled it open and found that there were packets of chocolate frogs everywhere inside it. She set the package down and walked back out the door stopping once more to admire her room and then quickly turning around to walk to the drawing room.

When she entered the room she looked around in the darkness. She couldn't see a thing so she pulled out her wand and whispered "Lumos Maxima," and a small beam of light eminated from the tip of her wand. She walked past statues and books that looked as though they hadn't been touched in years. Cobwebs were flung untidily around the whole room. Christina heard a noise and turned around only to find that there was nothing there. She put her wand down and put out the light.

All was silent until there was loud clang and a light shone brightly. There was a tall, pale figure standing in front of Christina who was pointing her wand at its neck.

"Lower your wand."

Christina pulled back her wand and lit a candle holding it closer to the figure's face. She almost dropped it in shock. "Lord Voldemort?"

"You seem surprised Christina."

"It's just... I didn't think you... I wasn't sure if..."

"Stop your babbling. I see you received my note." he said as he pointed to the note that rested in her hand.

"Yes and may I ask what you need?"

"Why of course. I'm sure that you have heard of Sirius Black."

"Yes...and...?"

"I need a favor."

"And what will I receive in return?"

"You may keep your life."

"Continue..."

"Sirius Black is becoming a major threat to my reign as the Dark Lord. You will be given the task of making sure this comes to an end."

"Are you suggesting that I..."

"Kill Sirius Black? Yes. Indeed I am. I am not yet strong enough to do this and Lucius will need to be finishing some business with the Ministry. Can I trust you to carry out this mission?"

Christina mulled this over in her mind for a few minutes and thrust her hand out in front of her. Voldemort's cold icy fingers touched her's as they shook hands.

"I'm in."