Chapter 10

It was 3:00 and Christina was heading down the hall to Professor Umbridge's office. She found Harry in the leaning against the wall outside.

"Oh hey. What's up?" he asked as he looked up to see her.

Christina looked forward and reached for the door handle but Harry stepped in front of her. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. I went in 5 minutes ago and she screamed at me and slammed the door in my face."

Christina slipped to the side and leaned against the wall wishing that the time would go by more quickly. They sat in the hall for about 5 more minutes when they heard the door creak open. Out stepped Delores Umbridge dressed in a hot pink fuzzy hat, a light pink plaid skirt, a rose colored sweater, and fuchsia heels.

"You may enter my room now." she gestured inside. "You may sit at this table. I am going to have you copy lines for me this afternoon. But not yet. You will be using my quills." she handed each of them a peacock quill. "Now I want you to write: I must not tell lies."

"How many times?" asked Harry.

"Let's say... until the message sinks in."

Christina had begun writing already and had just finished her sentence when she felt a burning sensation on the back of her hand.

"Ummm Harry. I think there's something wrong with..."

"Silence!" spat Professor Umbridge.

Christina looked down at her hand and saw words forming like ink in her hand. It was forming the words she had just writen. I must not tell lies. She stared in shock at the words that we formed from her own blood and glared over at Professor Umbridge. She looked at Christina with a smile.

"Is something wrong?"

"Ummm yeah. Look what you did to my hand."

"Maybe this is just a lesson that you should respect your teachers in their classrooms. Have I made myself clear?"

"Crystal." said Christina with an angry smirk. Without another word she stood up and pushed her way out of the classroom. As she left she caught a slight glimpse of Harry and knew immediately that he had just figured out the works of these quills.