Chapter 4

Aria walked down from her room and through the many hallways to reach the Great Hall. It was time for lunch and Aria was meeting up with Christina there. Christina had just sent Aria an owl asking for her to meet her there and Aria was nervous to hear what her sister had to say.

She walked into the hall to see that Christina was staring at a flying sausage link above a small kid. She always had this way of taunting the first years. It was almost as if it was their initiation into Hogwarts.

"Hey. What did you want to talk to me about?" asked Aria.

Christina dropped the sausage link on the unexpecting first year and turned to her sister. "Yeah. I have a beginning of the year proposal."

"I'm not helping you torment those poor first years."

"No not that. I want to slip away from the class at Hogsmeade today. I want to go somewhere else."

"So you want me to miss out on the trip that everyone else looks forward to just so that I can help you go and steal something from a Dark Arts store or something."

"Why do you always suspect that I'm trying to do something selfish or bad?"

"I don't know maybe because I've been your sister for 15 years. I know how you work."

"Ok so here's the deal. I want to go see Signus's grave."

"Any particular reason?"

"It would have been his birthday today and I want to be there with him."

"You know I'm always right there with you. What time do you want to go?"

"As soon as possible. This is really important to me. It means a lot that you care enough to do this for me."

"You seem to forget that he was my brother too. I cared about him in the same way that you did."

"I know it's just... you know what I mean."

"Ok I'll meet you on the Quidditch pitch in an hour and we can go from there."

"Got it. See you in a bit."

Aria walked off to the Gryffindor table and sat down with George.

Lunch seemed to go by quite quickly and the girls found themselves on the Quidditch pitch together in what seemed like only 5 minutes. They grabbed each other's hands and in what was in about 3 seconds, they disappeared into thin air.

The girls found themselves standing in the middle of a graveyard. Christina walked for the back of the field. She finally stopped when she came to a large stone symbol. It seemed to be a triangle with a circle and vertical line in the center. The words at the bottom read: Signus Lestrange- son of Bellatrix Lestrange and Fenrir Greyback, brother of Christina Lestrange, Aria Lestrange, and Anastasia Lestrange.

A long shining strand of water streamed down Christina's cheek and she lifted her hand to wipe it away when she saw something in the woods behind the graveyard. Walking towards it, she passed the graves of other deceased witches and wizards. Aria turned in time to see her sister straying from the path.

Christina began to chase after the figure and found herself in a clearing where there sat a single rose in the sunlight. Her gaze followed the line of petals behind it and she saw a faint blue figure. It was gleaming in the light. She noticed that this figure faintly made out an eagle. Christina's tears became more visible and she realized right away what this was.

"Hi Signus." she said just as Aria walked up behind her and saw the figure as well.

"Oh my god. He's here. Is that really him?"

The eagle gave a slight bow of it's head and flew off over the tops of the trees, disappearing into the setting sun. Christina stepped forward and retrieved the rose that lay on the ground. She held it in her hand on the way back to the graveyard and without another word to one another, they apparated once again onto the Quidditch Pitch.