18. Banana Splits

Haven- 18

"...so you brought out the best of me; a part of me i'd never seen. you took my soul and wiped it clean. our love was made for movie screens..."

Ella.

Harry's lips were delectably swollen, taunting me with their redness, begging me to continue where we had left off. His fingers were continuously massaging the skin of my cloth covered waist, pulling me in closer. His breathing was ragged as he snuggled his head against my chest, listening to the quick beat of my heart. I reluctantly let his hair fall away from my fingers previous tight grip, and brought them down to his shoulders instead, hugging him. He hummed, tightening me against him further.

I smiled, kissing his temple. "Babe," I whispered.

He turned his head to kiss my shoulder, then turned back. "Yeah," he mumbled.

"Thank you for this, Harry. It's so beautiful here." And it was the truth. There was nothing like the view of a lake at night as the sun sets. It was something I'd always wanted but never got the chance to experience.

I felt the movement of his smile. "Because you're here, angel. It wouldn't be half as nice if you weren't."

My insides churned, and my smile grew bigger. I giggled. "You're such a cheese-ball."

"I'm a what?" He lifted his head to flash me his breathtaking grin.

"You're so cheesy, you've become a cheese-ball. Simple."

"Am I edible, then?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, watching me closely. Yes.

"Maybe," I smiled innocently.

"Since I'm a cheese-ball, I hope you don't mind me calling you an absolute tease," he growled. He kissed the tip of my nose, then moved lower, kissing me squarely on my lips. He still showed no signs of wanting to let go of our close position on the bench we'd rented as our own for the night.

"Hey!" Another voice called from behind us abruptly, interrupting our little bubble of serenity. I jumped, whipping my head to where a bright light was shining through the now dark night air. I squinted, quickly realizing the small piece of brightness was coming from a flashlight. And that flashlight was in the hands of a police officer.

"Oh my God," I let out quickly, taking in Harry's wide eyes before I scrambled off his lap and stood to my feet. I immediately grabbed Harry's hands and pulled him up with me, with only little difficulty considering he was thinking the same as I was. We had to get out of here.

"You're not supposed to be here!" The man was getting closer, his gruff voice louder, light stronger. "This is closed off! Didn't you see the sign?!"

"Oh, Jesus." Harry pulled me closer. "We need to run," he informed me, his tone urgent.

"What?" I hissed, but it was too late. He tightened his hand in mind, and the only way my arm didn't end up dislocated was to follow him when he started running. Fast. My only instinct was to keep up with his quick movements, through the park field, past bushes, flowers and more until I saw a tree. A rather large, old tree, at that. There were footsteps behind us that were quickening, unless I was imagining it, and as if working through telepathic signals, Harry narrowed his run to the tree swiftly pulling me in front of him until he was guarding my back and I was in between a wall of a man, and a wall of a tree.

Harry's breathing was shallow against the back of my neck, blowing the hair away and into my face, while my own chest heaved up and down. Okay, so maybe I needed to work out.

"Goddamn kids! Always fuckin' around," the police officer's voice grumbled in the distance, but his mission to catch us was halted. "Swear to God, they never read the signs. I don't get paid enough for this shit."