8. Gossip

Haven- 08

"...in the dark of this place, there's the glow of your face. there's the dust on the screen, of this broken machine. and i can't help but feel that i've made some mistakes but i let it go..."

Ella.

        "...it's very important that you don't become an aggressive communicator in life. There will be certain situations where you just need to be a passive person, but it's best to always be assertive. I want you guys thinking about this all until next class, okay? But-- oh, my time's up. Have a good day kids, and use protection!"

        "Christ. He really got into that lesson," Abby whispered when we were on our way out of our health classroom. Our health teacher has been known to have a certain skip in his step, so to speak, when it comes to teaching. He's an old man that, as stereotypical as it sounds, has too much time on his hands and owns too many sweater vests. It's safe to say I'm not a big fan of the elective-- I only took it because it was worth 3 credits.

        On the contrary, it's the only class Abby and I have together though, and despite being roommates we don't see each other as often as I'd like. She-- so far-- is the only girl on this campus that isn't up your ass about studying or worrying when the next pop quiz may pop up. Then there was the opposite end of the spectrum where I often questioned how girls even got into Harvard due to their constant party like ways. I always tried to ignore both types but, with my luck, sometimes I'm not so lucky.

        Luckily, Health was our last class of the day today, and with the wind blowing and the sun shining, I was feeling amazing (which I tried not to think was the result of being with Harry so much, but who am I kidding?)

        "So anyways," Abby nudged me, when we were making our way back to our dorm. "What's up with you and the Brit?"

        "Whatd'ya mean?" I asked cooly, ignoring her suggestive wink. I congratulated my voice on staying strong.

        "That Harry guy. The one across the hall from us," she supplied, laughing-- oblivious to my mental dilemma.

        "Oh," I nodded. "Not much. Been hanging out, I guess." And kissing and hugging and laughing and smiling.

        "Oh, bullshit." She stopped walking to give me one of those you're not fooling me looks. I hated those goddamn looks. "Every time I see you with him he looks like he's just gotten a taste of heaven. He has those eyes."

        "Those eyes?"

        "Yes," she stressed. "Those eyes. You know, like how they describe in those romance novels and shit, or in those movies."

        "Okay." I didn't know what else I was supposed to say.

        "God, you're impossible," she groaned when she saw the confused look I wore. "When are you guys going out again?"

        "I-I don't know," I shrugged, caving in like the weakling I am. "I haven't seen him since yesterday morning."

        "Yesterday morning?"

        "Uh, yes?"

        "Morning?" She repeated as if I could read her mind and find out what she was trying to tell me. "Why were you there in the morning?"

        When I gave her a blank look despite my realization of what she was implying. Her eyes went wide. "Oh my God!"

        "Shut up," I hissed, looking around. "You're attracting bystanders."