11-2. Please Don't Run

Haven- 11.2

To diffuse confusion, I'd like to point out that this chapter starts when Harry leaves Ella's dorm at around 2pm from PART ONE. (AKA before his idea of the date and before Vanessa comes in) Hopefully that helps. :D

"...all that you rely on and all that you can save, will leave you in the morning, but find you in the day..."

Harry.

        "You're back. Wow, I thought I would have to run a search warrant for you," Kane chuckled when he walked out of the bathroom. I knew I'd get shit from him when I came back today.

        "Sorry." I rubbed the back of my neck. "Got caught up doing something...and I..." I actually didn't know what to tell him. There's a good chance he's never experienced the things I was very realistically experiencing lately-- there's a good chance his chest didn't constrict everytime he thought about a girl.

        He just laughed. I looked up at him quizzically. "You got laid, didn't you?"

        I stared at him for a long moment, mouth open, before I finally managed to sputter, "N-no."

        "You don't have to lie, bro," he smiled a knowing smile. But he didn't actually know anything. Why did I have to get this kind of roommate? Why couldn't I have gotten the type that stays in seclusion, acts nerdy, and studies all day?

        "I'm, uh, actually not lying." I moved to sit on the couch. He followed.

        "So, wait," his voice was filled with disbelief. "You actually didn't bag someone last night? Where were you, then? At your mom's?"

        I smothered a laugh. "I was in another dorm." Just get in and out stealthily, Harry. No ramifications.

        "I'm lost." That didn't take much.

        I honestly didn't know why he cared. It was kind of unsettling. And annoying-- mostly annoying. "I was in a girl's dorm, yeah." I sighed.

        He nodded, and just... kept nodding. "Cool."

        "Cool?" My head kind of did one of those disbelieving dips, my eyes narrowing.

        It felt wrong to be calling Ella just some girl, and I have half my wits to correct the statement, and tell him at least her name. But, I don't. Because, honestly, I don't think I'm ready to share her yet.

        "Yeah," he shrugged. "It's cool, I mean, kind of weird that you didn't at least get laid. I'm always up for a feel, too. But remember, 'no glove no love,' my man."

        "My God," I muttered.

        "What?"

        I shook my head and got up off the couch. "I'm gonna go get a shower."

        I heard him mumble an, "okay," by the time I made it to my bathroom.

        While the water ran through my hair I continued thinking how Ella would look doing the same thing, water running down her beautiful soft curves. How, just this morning she was doing this exact activity not even ten feet away from me and I didn't have the cojoles to act on it. That's some fucking will power.

        I wrapped a towel around my waist when I stepped out, and walked to my closet. Picking out the newest pair of jeans I could find, which ended up not being so new, I shrugged into a trusty red plaid over my plain white shirt.