Chapter 24

Damians pov

We didn't found the source of the massive earthquake but I'm certain it was her. Someone must have bought her back to life somehow.

The league was here to help us clean up the place which means I had a chance to talk to my father.
I approached him outside.

"Father"

"Damian."
He still looked disappointed.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to let my impulses lead my actions and I know that you only sent me here to protect me-"

He approached me and put his hand om my shoulder.
"Damian, that's one of several reasons. The girl you're seeing needs protection as well and you need to learn to disconnect Robin from your daily basis.
She can't defend herself from the dangers like we can"

The truth was overwhelming but I won't give up just yet.
"I know. But I sworn to protect her"
"You can't prioritise to protect her over Gotham"

I knew that he was right. She's always in my head, even on patrols but that's not only a bad thing.
She locks my heart up and makes me remember who I am. Not only Damian but Robin as well. At the end of the day, she's my hero.

"Give it a month and maybe then I can consider to let you come home but for now, focus on your team"
With those words he left again. Probably to investigate the earthquake.

"Father of the year" I muttered with sarcasm.

Your pov

It's so windy here. I discovered some old photos and a giant family portrait in Mr. Wayne's office. Damian is like a copy of him when he was young.

I don't know if I actually should be here but the door was left on the verge.
There were so many photos of Dick and Jason as children in the albums which were so cute.
There were less photos with Tim and only one with Damian.

One thing caught my eyes though. A big portrait behind some curtains with everyone, even Alfred except that Jason was missing.
He and Bruce must have fought a lot.

He even dyed a white streak in his hair now which I don't really know what he want to get with that. He looked so cute and innocent in those pictures.

Another thing I noticed in the room was the glass door to the clock. It was left open.
I raised my wrist up to look at my watch. It wasn't compatible so I turned the hands to its right time and closed it.

I was just about to leave the room when I suddenly heard something move behind me.
When I turned around I saw that it was the bookshelf. I quickly hide behind the desk in case someone would be walking through it but... no one did.
'Somethings telling me I shouldn't be here' I thought as I walked to the opening.
I didn't know what it was but there's something else on my mind that made me walk through the door.
It led me to a stairset going down to something bright.
I walk closer to it and I couldn't believe what u saw down here.
Advanced computers, glass doors, motorcycles and a helicopter. That wasn't the only thing that caught my eyes though..
There is capsules or something like it, made of glass.
I recognized the things inside them.
I stood there in shock while the puzzle in my head finished itself.

It's a Batman costume, one Robin costume, some others I didn't recognize..
This can only mean one thing.. but I've been too dense to even recognize him.