Chapter 7

Damian's pov

It has passed midnight when Grayson and I went out. We stopped some small crimes here and there.
Father was head over heels to find the Joker. He always wanted to take this solo considered of what happened to Todd. Joker killed him once but he came back to life from the Lazarus pit.

Our family is kind of messed up but we're the most lucky ones.
Dad's a billionaire and I was trained to be an assassin. I don't know how to hide everything from [y/n] though.
She is all sneaky and I like it.. but if she ever finds out I hope she doesn't think I'm not trustworthy. Hopefully she understands.

We have 6 more days together before she is completely safe and can head back home. Some part of me wished that she could stay longer.

"Damian! Are you there?"
Grayson waved in front of my face.
"Yes, I just zooned out. Where are we heading?"
Dick pointed on a building on fire 3 blocks down the street.
"Fuck"
"Language little D"
Grayson headed before me while I put some filters in my mouth to avoid smoke from getting in my lungs.

We helped the firemen evacuate people from the apartment.
Some lives was impossible to save unfortunaly.. but we managed to put down the fire.

I went in to see if there was any dead and/or wounded people. Then I heard something crack under my boot. I picked up the thing.
As soon as I knew what it was I realized something..

Timeskip

As soon as we got home I went up to check on [y/n]
She was sleeping heavily.
I took up a photograph of a little [y/n] and here father and placed it on the counter beside the bed.
It was the only thing I could find intact from the building. Mainly cause I stepped on it.

Good thing she wasn't home. She was here, slumbering and beautiful. I told Grayson what I've found too. Father had to help her now.
I would be broken sad if she had to go back to [y/p].. I belong with her now even if I'd never admit it.

It was still dark and I haven't slept. I could stay awake until next day but seeing her all cuddled up makes me want to join her.
I took off my hoodie and cosed up behind her, playing with her [h/l][h/c] hair.

"Damian..."
She was talking in her sleep. "I'm here, my beloved" I whispered back to her
"Dami.. stay.."
"Always" I kissed her shoulder lightly before closing my eyes.

Your pov

I woke up to the sun that was shining through the window. I slept so well last night I didn't even remember what time I got to bed.
Wait..
I felt a strong arm squeeze my waist and a light breathing on my neck. I turned around carefully to see a sleeping Damian cuddling me.

I blushed like hell.. When did he get here?
I realised he still had his clothes on so he probably crashed here instantly after he came back from the gas station.
He's smoking hot though.. wait, smoke? He had a light smell of smoke.

I poked his cheek to see how deep he slept. Not so deep cause his eyes flickered before meeting mine.

Damian s pov

I woke up to see [y/n]'s worried face.
"Damian, why do you smell like Jason's cooking?"
I was confused for a second before remembering the fire.
I sat up and gave her the picture from the desk. "Robin found it, I'm so sorry [y/n]"
We exchanged a look before I embraced her.

"At least, you're alive and well. and you can stay here, we have like room for the entire city"
She finally smiled. "What would Bruce say?
"Father has already volunteered to take you in. He has.. parent issues or some sort of thing"
She chuckled before kissing my cheek.
"I'll think about it after I've met him"
"Well, he will be home today"

Time skip

Your pov

It was time for breakfast. Jason and Tim was betting on some stupid thing while Dick was talking to a well built man. I could see that it was Damian's dad based on the looks.

"Father" Damian spoke while gesturing me to take a seat. "Good morning Damian. This is your new girlfriend I suppose" i felt my face heat up. Tim tried to hold a laugh in while Jason grabbed some sort of snack and observed the scene.
"Oh god.." Dick mumbled for himself

"Actually, yes father, this is [y/n]." Tim was shocked and Jason coughed on something.
"Nice to meet you, Mr. wayne" I said nervously. This is so awkward
"Now that we've introduced, I've talked to your family. You're staying here and going to school here. Got it?"
I nodded greatfully "thank you"
"No need to thank me. I think you are good for this family, especially Damian. It feels like you really cared for each other when I was gone"

Damian squeezed my shoulder in agreement.
Dick clapped his hands together "let's eat shall we? Or Alfred's hard work will be in vain. Everybody took a seat and talked happily with each other

..This must be what a home should look like