Chapter 26

Your pov

It's been a week since I discovered the place they called the batcave.
I haven't been there since then but I'm patiently waiting for Alfred to fix my suit up.
The best thing is that Tim is back, which means that I have a mentor..
There's no signs from Damian yet but I decided to ask Tim later today.
Maybe then, I could accept why I haven't heard from him yet, hopefully..

Bruce is leaving for another mission tonight and I'll be in the city's of Gotham, patrolling with Red Robin.
This may be the perfect opportunity to ask him about it.
"Miss [y/n]" I heard Alfred sneak up on me.
I put down my book, knowing exactly what it's time for.
He's holding a metal case with the Wayne enterprises logo.

Without another word I got up from the sofa and followed him to the batcave.
Tim was already waiting there in his costume with his cowl down.
"It's time" he says as Alfred gave me the case.
I opened it, expecting to see the very same suit but.. this was totally different.
Instead of the popping yellow I met with a silver metallic batlogo.
The cape have the same variations of color setup.
I'm completely stunned.
I quickly went to the changing room to put it on.
It took some time to know where all the parts were going but I eventually figured it out.
I came out, not looking like myself at all.
The cowl have extensions of my own hair colour but I look like a completely different person.
"Ready for your first patrol, Batgirl?" Tim's voice shouts from the other room.
I step out to face them.
Tim just froze and Alfred had a glorious smile.
I glanced at my reflection in the batmobile.

I admit it.. I think I look really cool.
This may even be the best day of my life.
Tim walks up to me to check if every function I the suit worked correctly.
"You may want a grappling gun. We'll investigate an older unsolved crime tonight, if you're ready" he smirked.
"I'm pretty confident about it"
I jump in to the batmobile after him and he drove off in to a tunnel.
Suddenly it planned out and we went up to a road from the forest that led straight towards Gotham.
"Does Bruce know you've taken the batmobile?" I ask him carefully, kinda frighten that we might collide.
"No but he's used to it" he chuckles and speeded up.

When we arrived, he parked it in an alley and put on the camoflauge mode.
"Are you alright, [y/n]?"
I held my head between my hands.. I usually don't get car sick but we were going at least 200 miles/hour.
I'm not sure if I could consider Batman as legal..
"Yeah, yeah. I just need a minute. And some air"
I opened the door and stepdes out to get some fresh air but soon remembered that this is Gotham.
Fresh air is a luxury out here in the smog and filthy streets.
"What exactly are we doing here?" I asked when Tim got out.
"It was an old murder in this alley. A pair were taking a shortcut here and they both got shot."
I shrug at him when he gave me the one papered file.
I didn't look in to it yet. I can't stand blood at the moment.

Tim's pov

I watch as she searched around this place.
I really hope that she can pass this test Alfred set up.
I don't really get why he wants new vigilantes to solve this old case but at least it's a change to prove if she's got any analytical skills.
"How old is the case?" She asked as she scratch her cowl.
"At least over 30 years."
She looks into the map right after I said it. her eyes widened in shock.
"The murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne. Bruce's parents?"
I nod.

"It's old but it's a good practice for you. Now, concentrate on this mission"