Chapter 14

Your pov

I woke up in the middle of the night. 
I got anxious of the ignorance from him. He left me worried.
I went up and walked to his room to see if he was asleep.
"Damian" I knocked gently but didn't get any answer.
I opened it and he wasn't there.
I went down to the kitchen but no one was there or in the dining room either.
I looked everywhere but no one seemed to be home.

Where did everyone go? I was home alone in an overly big manor and Damian didn't even speak to me about leaving and the rest of the family are gone too. They are hiding something and I want to know what.

I looked around everywhere without finding any lead. Soon enough I heard something break in the hall. I ran there to see what it was.
Not surprisingly at all I found Jason there and he didn't look so well.
"Jason?"
"Hi, ehm. Are you good at patching up?" He asked me. He was bleeding from the stomach.
"Oh my god! What happened?"
"I, uhm.. I got robbed"
It didn't seem about right but I agreed to help him to the kitchen. I found a first aid kit and began to clean his wound.. I mean wounds. He's been shot two times.
"How on earth are you still alive?" I asked when I took out the bullets from his already very scar-covered body.
"I am buff, and a bit lucky"
"Lucky? You must have a guardian angel hanging around, be still"

He didn't move a muscle when I pulled out the bullets or even stitched. He was stiff though.
After i patched him up I blocked his way from going.
"I'm not moving until you explain the other scars on your body"
"I train.. sports!"
"What kind of sports?"
"That one with the ball.. an whip and net? I don't know"
His lack of interest was offending me. He hesitated before speaking up.
"Fine, I don't know anything about sports but listen kiddo. This is Gotham. Either you hide or fight for what you believe in. Welcome to town"
He moved me aside before getting upstairs.

What does he even mean by that?

I have a feeling that I either ended up in a madhouse or.. maybe criminals? Mafia? No.. I must keep looking.
Just before I was about to investigate, another one blocked my way.
"Hey [N/N]. Are you up already?"
"Hi Dick. No, I had a bad dream so I took a glass of water"
"Oh, I see. Well, if you need anything, just knock on my door. Okay?"
He is so kind, he is definitely not evil.
"Yes, thank you. You're very kindhearted"
"And if anyone troubles you, they better sleep with their lights on"
He winked before ruffing my head.

Later I saw Damian walk up the stairs. Is everyone awake or what the fuck? Anyway, time to talk.

"Damian!"

Damian's pov

I'm screwed.

"[y/n].. You're up, what's the matter?"
I feel bad now.
Ever since I made that promise to my father, everything changed.
I forgot her. Not completely but enough to hurt her.
"You've been gone, Damian."
"I know, and I'm sorry"
I walked down to her. She looked completely devastated.
"Do you love me? Are you tired already?"
Her shaky voice and tearful eyes made my heart break.
"No, I could never-"
"Don't promise me! Don't say never. Please..."
I teared up now. It made me angry. I couldn't be enough for her. I tried and now she's crying, thanks to me.
"I promise to make up for it, beloved. Please, I'll do anything"
"Then tell me what's going on!"

"I'm not allowed to tell you, not yet. Please, understand this. It's for your own good" I embraced her and she cried on me.
I will never get over the feeling of her tears, bleeding trough my shirt while hearing her cry.

It's torturing me.

Your pov

I looked up to meet his face. I could see his pain for the first time and I felt less broken, and guilty.
He obviously was working with something. I worry a lot for many things but I know that Damian is strong.
I decide it's about time to not preassure him.. stupid [y/n]..

I kissed him gently.
"You're right.. I'm sorry"
"Don't apologize. I should treat you better than this"
"No Damian. You'll tell me when the time is right. I should trust you"
He took my hand in his.
"Come"
I followed him upstairs to his room.
One thing I know right now, I sleep better in his arms than anywhere else.

This is home to me and I hope that he can let me in someday.