Step 4: Talk to Tyler.

Author's Note:

Hello Troylerettes and Troylergents, 

Just a quick author's note to apologize for not updating last week; I've been trying to get some homework done, but I can assure you now, updates will be more frequent. 

Also, this chapter's shoutout goes to one of my irl (in real life) best friends, Rhiannon! She's just started a fanfic on her account, and it's about o2l, so please go and check it out, it would mean a lot. Her account name is RhiannonJohnson9 - she's amazing, so please go check out her work; you won't regret it! :D

And now, on to the chapter!

***

Joe Sugg weaved through the street's pedestrians once more, his mind focused on the upcoming mission, which he knew would be a harder task than the previous three, but nonetheless, he was determined to go through with it, and would not rest until the pair were friends once more. 

A light breeze ruffled his hair, causing Joe to shake the stray strands (ooh, alliteration) out of his eyes, his nose slightly scrunched as he did so. 

Empty crisp packets and loose pieces of paper flew around the streets, littering the pavement with an array of colours, crinkling under the footsteps of the constant stream of people, all walking over it and adding their own litter without a care in the world. 

Joe jumped out of the way, narrowly avoiding a smashed glass that lay in a mess on the road, obviously having been knocked over at a previous time, yet no one had bothered to clean up the mess, not caring that someone could step on it, or that animals could unknowingly digest the translucent fragments. He sighed, shaking his head at the small pieces scattered around the sidewalk. 

His gaze was focused so intently on the grey slabs of pavement that lay under his feet, that he never noticed that someone was walking towards him, that is, until it was too late. He crashed right into them, an oomph escaping his lips as the force of the hit pushed him back slightly. 

"Sorry." He muttered, regaining his composure as he looked up. "Tyler?" He asked, looking at the familiar face before him. 

"Joe! Hi!" Tyler grinned, pulling him into a hug. "How are you? It feels as if it's been months!" His voice held enthusiasm. Enthusiasm that did not seem fake; he was genuinely happy and full of life. 

"I'm good thanks, how about you?" Joe asked, searching his eyes for any signs of hesitation as Tyler went to reply.

"I'm great, thank you. How about we go catch up over a coffee?" He suggested, running a hand through his recently dyed hair. 

"Sure, that sounds great. Starbucks or Costa?" 

"I think Costa's nearer, so how about there?" Tyler asked, looking at Joe as he waited for an answer. 

"That sounds great." 

They began walking, neither of them speaking, but that didn't mean that any tension flitted between them; it was totally calm and comfortable.

Less than five minutes later and they'd reached the closest Costa, opening the door to be greeted by the smell of coffee, chocolate and other various delicacies. 

Tyler, being the first to enter, held the door open for Joe, waiting for him to cross the threshold. Sugg thanked him with a smile, following the enthusiastic boy over to the counter. 

"Hey." A teenage boy walked over to the counter, an apron advertising Costa hanging low from his hips as he picked up a small notebook. His hair appeared soft and fluffy, a brunette colour that was flicked to the side. His eyes lacked a gleam, meaning that the green appeared less vibrant, and instead looked to be a rather dull shade. "What can I get you?" He smiled slightly, lifting the left corner of his mouth slightly.