Step 2: Talk to Zoe (Part 2)

Author's Note:

Before I begin, I'd like to apologize for the lack of updates recently; school finished like last week, but I've been attending a lot of the YouthClub trips, and have therefore not had much time to update - I'm sorry, but I'll try and update more frequently from now on. 

And lastly; I'd like to dedicate this chapter to ItUsTroyler! You should totally go and check out her work and give her a follow! :)

And now; onto the fanfic! :3

IMPORTANT MESSAGE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER!

***

Joe's POV....

 My eyes widened in visible shock as I took in the mess once more; the smell was disgusting, filling the room with a putrid scent that followed you wherever you went. Clothes littered the floor, books and camera equipment sprawled out on top. 

"Zoe." I whispered once more as I wandered farther into the room. "I'm going to get this cleaned up. You hop into the shower and I'll make you some food. Okay?" I asked gently, earning a nod in reply. 

She stood up slowly, her feet dragging against the floor as she made her way over to the bathroom. Her hands were shaking slightly, and she looked extremely weak - probably from lack of food and fresh air. 

"Poor Zoe." I mumbled as I began picking up the plates and cups that littered the floor, trying my best to ignore the vile smells that drifted from them as I moved them about. 

I entered the kitchen, noting how it seemed almost spotless compared to the bathroom, the only mess being a minuscule stain on the counter top and a stray glass that I presumed had been used for water, as no stains littered the translucent glass. 

Setting up the dishwasher, I filled it with all of the plates, scraping any dry food off beforehand. I then proceeded to set up the machine, washing my hands off once done and making my way over to the food cupboards, inspecting the items inside. 

I pulled out some pasta, grabbing a jar of pasta sauce to go with it before making my way over to the stove and setting up a pan of water to heat, waiting impatiently as the water reached its boiling point. I then poured in enough pasta for one person, stirring it slightly to ensure that every piece was coated with a layer of water.

Once the pasta was soft enough, I emptied the water and instead added the pasta sauce, adding a spoon of brown sugar so as to sweeten it slightly, before placing it back over the hob, allowing it to finish. 

Five minutes later and the food was served. Zoe was sat in silence at the table, her eyebrows furrowed in thought as she waited. 

I handed her the plate with a slight smile. "Here you go." I spoke in a quiet voice. 

"Thank you." She whispered back. Her voice was hoarse; she'd obviously been crying a lot in the last few days - you could tell by the redness of her eyes and the tone of her voice. 

I decided to wait until she'd finished her food, and then I'd ask her about what was going on - after giving her the gift, of course. 

After 10 minutes she'd finished, and the plate was placed in with the rest of the dishes - the dishwasher being set to go straight away, washing away the remnants of food that stained each cutlery item. 

I grabbed the plastic bag that held the presents, sifting through it delicately in the hopes of not breaking anything. I eventually found the box, the glittering ribbon indicating that it was the correct one.

"I bought you something." I smiled, handing Zoe the box and watching in anticipation as she opened it. 

A gasp emanated from her lips. "Thank you so much Joe!" She squealed, hugging me.

I smiled. Her voice was still quiet and weak, but I felt as if she was a little better than she was when I first entered the house. 

"I'm glad you like it." I smiled, helping her put it on and watched as she admired it. 

"I love it!" She exclaimed. 

I grinned. "So Zoe, what's up? You seem a little down at the moment." I attempted to speak in a gentle voice, hoping not to offend her or upset her. 

"What do you mean? Nothings up." She tried to cover up, but knew that it had failed when I raised my eyebrows questioningly at her. "Fine," She sighed. "I've completely ruined their friendship Joe - if it wasn't for my stupid plan, they would be friends by now - I've ruined it!" She didn't seem upset, more angry and frustrated. 

"What do you mean? What happened Zoe?" I questioned, curiosity evident in my voice. 

"So, I convinced Alfie to help me, which I shouldn't have - I should never have dragged him into this mess, it was wrong of me. But I convinced him to call Tyler over to mine to hang out with us, and while he did that, I rang Troye and asked him over - we then forced them to confront each other, but it didn't end well. They were screaming and shouting - it was terrifying, and it's all my fault." She trailed off at the end, a stray tear slipping down her cheek. 

"No it's not Zoe - you were just trying to help. Don't put yourself down." I reassured, whispering soothing words into her ear as I rubbed her back comfortingly.

"But it was Joe - I'm the one who forced Alfie to help, and I'm the one who came up with the plan - it was all me!" She exclaimed, pushing me away in frustration. 

I pulled her into another hug, trying to calm her down.

"It's not your fault - I would have done the same thing. They'll get over it soon and they'll be friends again. Besides, their argument couldn't have been that bad." I whispered to her. What could they really argue about? Nothing could be so bad that it would ruin their friendship like that; they're too close. 

"They told each other that they don't want to be friends anymore - they claim that they've been put on edge; that their friendship is in pieces." She whispered, shocking even me. They would never say that they didn't want to be friends anymore - they were always there for each other, constantly lifting the others spirits and helping each other out in times of need - I couldn't believe my ears. 

"Oh wow..." I whispered in astonishment. "Don't you worry Zoe - I'll sort them out. I've got to go, I'm sorry. You relax and watch some movies, I'll call you later." I called, running out of the house, the plastic bag rustling behind me. 

****

Author's Note!

Hello Troylerettes and Troylergents, 

I am back! *sassily struts in*

So that important news I mentioned at the start of the chapter?

Okay, so I've had an account on Quotev for four years now, but I've never posted anything on there - today I decided that I'd like to start posting YouTuber oneshots on there. 

Would you guys be interested in reading them? Please let me know, thank you! :)

Question of The Chapter:

Favourite song at the moment? 

Mine is most definitely Happy Little Pill - I'm officially obsessed. Troye's voice is the most perfect thing ever and I just can't get enough - I've been listening to it on repeat for hours, no joke! It's amazing and addictive! I'm so proud of Troye and how far he's come! :)

Thanks for reading, 

Chloe

xox