The Little One.

Tyler's POV...

I hadn't spoke to Troye as frequently this past week; we used to be inseparable, but I guess the air still holds some unknown tension - we've tried to get past it, but it's just proving to be slightly difficult. We still speak of course - he's my best friend for heavens sake, just not a often and as animated as usual. We're more cautious around each other, being hyper-aware of what we say to eachother, constantly afraid that we'd mess up and say something we'd later on regret. Yes, things may be hard right now, but we're not going to let this get in the way of our friendship; or our everyday routines. 

Lifting myself up from my bed where I'd been scrolling Tumblr, I shut the laptop's lid and settled it onto the bedside table - I was staying at Zoe's for the time being as we all wanted to spend some more time together, but didn't want to have to spend a fortune on hotel prices. We'd agreed that sharing with our British YouTuber friends would be a good idea, so I was at Zoe's while Troye stayed with Marcus; deciding that we would all meet up tomorrow and hang out. 

"Get up Tyler; you've been in bed all day." Zoe's sweet voice chimed as she hopped into the guest room that I was currently staying in. 

"Have I? What time is it?" I asked in curiosity, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

"Almost 2 in the afternoon; did you honestly have no idea? We're meant to be meeting the others in at half three to go to dinner." Zoe informed, looking at me in slight concern. "Is everything okay Tyler? You've been on edge since the whole Troyler kiss; what's going on?" She neared me now, sitting on the side of the bed, genuine worry filling her eyes. 

"I'm fine." I answered simply. I don't really know if I am though; there's so much tension between me and Troye, I just don't want to lose such a great friendship. 

"No you're not - what's happened?" She spoke in a reassuring tone, managing to convince me to spill everything to her. 

"I spoke to Troye earlier this week; we talked about what had happened, but there's still so much tension between us. Everything's awkward and I don't want to risk our friendship; Troye and I are so close - losing him would be like losing Tumblr; unbearable." My answer was genuine and filled with emotion; my thoughts had been so conflicting recently, trying to figure out what was going to happen with our friendship consuming my every thought. 

"It'll all be okay Tyler - you and Troye will get through this. Did you ever stop to think that something was felt during that kiss and that's why you're both feeling so awkward?" She's been like this all week; constantly questioning whether I had any feelings for the younger Aussie boy. It's preposterous really; Troye and I were just friends. 

"There's no feelings," I sighed in frustration upon noticing her disbelieving glance. "I'm positive Zoe; I think I'd know." 

She sighed; "There's nothing wrong with the idea of you and Troyler going out, Tyler; why can't you see that?" Her eyes showed sympathy for some unknown reason and I struggled to understand why. 

"Because there is nothing - and nor will there ever be - anything going on with Troye and I - he's my best friend for God's sake." I was beginning to feel annoyed now. Couldn't she just leave me be? I know she had my best interests at heart, but she was constantly trying to convince me that I should be with Troye. 

A breath of annoyance slipped through her parted lips; "Fine, but know that if anything ever did happen, I would be there to support you." 

"Thanks Zoe. I better get changed." I was hoping she'd get the hint and leave; thankfully, she did and I was left to the silence of my room. 

Stretching lightly, I made my way over to the wardrobe in the corner of the room; my current clothing capacity. Searching blindly, I grabbed a simple pair of jeans and a fantastic blue button up. Spotting a pair of shoes that I thought would go perfect with my outfit, I grabbed them before making my way over to the bathroom.

Setting the shower to the perfect heat, I locked the door, checking to make sure that it was secure. I slipped off the clothes I'd wore to bed the previous night and threw them carelessly into the hamper, placing my clean outfit delicately on the radiator to prevent wrinkling it. 

The shower was steaming, creating a warm mist that flew gracefully around the small room, wrapping everything in a light heat. Jumping quickly into the shower, I basked in the delightful warmth for a few minutes, letting the divine water flow over me. (Okay, what did I just write? O_o) 

10 minutes or so later, I was fully dressed and working on my hair; you don't just wake up with hair this perfect - it takes work, honey. 

Finally content with my hair, I made my way downstairs. Zoe was skipping daintily around the kitchen, humming merrily as she read through a magazine. I decided to join her at the dining table.

"Hey Zoe." I grinned. 

"Hi Tyler," She turned to face me. "Oh my God, she didn't pair those shoes with that top!" Zoe gasped in astonishment. 

I turned to look at what she was staring at, jumping myself at the monstrosity that faced me; "Why would she do that? Way too patterned." I joined in, watching as she nodded in agreement. 

"Definitely." Zoe sighed. "Ready to go meet the others?" She asked with a smile on her face. 

"Sure. Let's go!" I cheered, heading over to the door. 

*                                                                                       *                                                                                      * 

A/N!

Hi Troylerettes and Troylergents, 

Thank you so much for reading; I'm sorry I haven't updated much in the last few days - school. :(

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. :)

Stay tuned to find out what will happen at the dinner when Troye and Tyler see each other again. 

Chloe

xox