Chapter 13

Christian's POV :

Every single time, this seems suspicious to me, the way she gets nervous each time Madame Dubois asks her a question, I can tell when she is lying, and she's lying each time she's been asked and I'm determined to know what she is hiding. I have the right to. I tried to be patient, and wait for her to tell me on her own. However, she never came to me; she never opened up to me. What I am about to do is bad but it is for her own sake. I LOVE this girl, and something tells me that she could be in trouble and I know her stubborn ass will never ask for help, so if I want to help her I'm going to help her in my own way, but I need to find out what is she hiding first.

I went to the company, I also needed to leave the house ASAP that Nathalie girl won't let me breathe, she's like that gum stock on your shoes, and this gum won't fucking leave.

I went directly to my office and grabbed my black agenda. And it is not a mere coincidence that I call it 'the black agenda'. This one is different, one day my father gave me this agenda and he told me and I quote 'in case of an emergency. It contains names of high-ranked police officers, investigators, and other people ready to do the 'dirty stuff' for you, people that you would not want to know. Father said that anyone needs to have this kind of contact, I never agreed and never used it but right now, it is an emergency, this is about my girl and this agenda comes in handy.

I called an investigator

"Hello Mr. Hunter" there was a long silence before he responded

" Mr. Elfonso ? " he already knew who I was, I was a little surprised at first but then I understood why his name was on that agenda, guess father knows what he's doing

"Are you still active," I asked because some of these people have retired or done the work just as a hobby

"yes sir how may I help you? "

"I need to get some information about someone and I need them quickly and no one can find out about that"

"Alright what do you need to know sir"

"I need to know everything about their life, and background everything. this person's name is Ilayda Salvador I'm also going to email you her photos"

"Alright sir you will get your information in a week"

I hang up. I know that what I did is not good and it's not my right to do so, but I need to know because something tells me that what she's hiding is so big.

Ilayda's POV :

It has been two days and Christian was acting weird around me I didn't want to pressure him that much so I did not say anything and I also tried to stay away from his family and Madame Dubois as much as I can.

The days went fast and today was Madame Dubois's time to leave, I may seem bad but I was relieved and happy. She's being a pain in my ass for the last few days but unlucky for me she's leaving her daughter behind that girl refused to let go of Christian.

After her departure, Christian also left quickly saying he's busy, he continued being weird and cold with me and I wasn't going to hold it any longer and I decided that the next time I see him I'm going to talk to him.

I was left alone in the house with Nona who's currently sleeping because she's a little sick and Mr. Elsonso working on his office downstairs, Nathalie and Mrs. Elsonso went for a ' girl's night' and poor Maribelle escaped as soon as Madame Dubois left.

I brought Mr. Elfonso the coffee he asked of me.

"here's your coffee sir"

"Thank you " he looked very busy going through a pile of papers so I simply placed the coffee on the desk and as I was about to leave he stopped me

"Wait"

"Yes?" I wonder what he wants.

"I asked the driver this question and need to ask you too since you always here, have you noticed anything strange"

"Like what? What do you mean strange?"

"Someone ever came asking for me or you've seen someone watching the house or anything that seems suspicious?"

"No sir I haven't" I was about to leave and I stopped to ask him.

"Sir, should we be worried?"

"no" he was weirdly looking at me and suddenly spilled some of that coffee on the clothes I ran to him so that I can wipe down but he held my hand I was having all sort of ideas running in my mind, he kept looking at me then when I looked back he kept looking.

"You look exactly like him, same eyes" he whispered but I was able to hear him.

"What? Like who?" he pushed me away

"I'm sorry I got cut up, you look like a dear friend of mine that I lost years ago"

"I'm sorry for your lost" he nod and left the room

Well, that was awkward.

Christian's POV :

This was the longest week of my life, waiting for Hunter's answer is frustrating, I couldn't be myself around her and felt guilty for what I did so I kept avoiding her, and I hated the look in her eyes every single time I do. The phone cut the chain of my thoughts

"Yes?"

"Sir there is a man here to see you named Hunter," the secretary told me

"Yes, let him in"

He came in the man was not that old I would give him fifty but he looked in shape. People like him in this kind of job had to stay fit and took quite good care of themselves.

"Have a seat Mr. Hunter"

We both sat down

"What do you have for me?"