Chapter 16 (part 1)

Christan's POV :

Today no matter what the truth will be revealed I'm going to do whatever it takes to know what's going on and this time my father can't stop me.

I went downstairs leaving everyone in their rooms, I know that this conversation should be between me and father, who was downstairs sitting in the living room, I think that he too knows that it's time he starts speaking and stops hiding. He can't hide things any longer because the truth is going to be revealed sooner or later.

I went next to father and sat in front of him, he mentioned with his finger for me to sit closer

"Father"

"Son"

We both spoke at the same time, the tension in that place was too high. I nod mentioning to father to speak first.

"Look, I know that I've been hiding a lot of things, but I want you to know that everything  I did was only for your own good.  I know I'm a hard man to deal with and I made your life a living hell, sorry son but I never wanted that. You see I'm a man with a dark past and unforgivable mistakes." I could sense that he was sad but I could just ask him to take a break and leave it for next time cause I need to know.

"Father, just tell me and stop hitting around the bush " he nods, he looked around him making sure I guess that no one was listening then he started talking.

"Several years before you were born, even Before I've met your mother. I was still very young and immature, I had no money and no company. But I wanted to be powerful and rich, I was just a simple orphan with no degree, no family, no knowledge, I was a nobody. But, I had this one friend,  Fernando. He was my friend, my brother and my family I knew him since we were still kids in the orphan. We hit 18 years old so they had to let us out since it was just a poor small orphan and they couldn't take care of us any longer. We became homeless, but we both wanted money and power however, we had nothing. So our only solution, the only way we could've had what we wanted is by joining the mafia" I was shocked and surprised, my ..... my own father was in the mafia. I  was about to speak when father held his hand and said

" Just let me continue son" I nod and let him continue what he had to say.

"Fernando and I started to learn the basic of the business when we entered the first thing that asked us to do was to kill someone, that way you're already a part of it and you can't escape, because once you get in you can't get out, only in a coffin, and you can pledge loyalty to them. But weren't thinking we only wanted power and money and we were ready to do anything to have them. 

Years went by and we became the best of the best, and our boss ' EL Patron' was always happy with our work. We did smuggling, drugs business, prostitute business, you name it, we did everything. We had that power we wanted and the money we dreamed of.

But as I was wanting more, Fernando wanted out. One day he told me that he met someone and that he was in love, I told him he can't be in love and he can't be out EL Patron want to allow it. He was in a relationship with that woman but I didn't care I was just thinking about ways to make more money. But destiny had something else for me, and soon I met your mother and I fell in love too. 

But we were trapped we couldn't just exactly say I quit and head out of the door. In the mafia world, things didn't work that way. One day EL Patron sent Fernando and me for a payback operation someone was being a pain in his ass, so we had to make him disappear, we went to the club where that person was, and he clearly knew that we were coming for him, so he had a bunch of guys with guns to guard his surroundings we knew it was a kill or get killed mission so we had to kill every guy holding a gun in that club.

You see me and Fernando we kill man, but we never kill women or kids that was our one rule, and those guys back at the club were wearing masks so we couldn't see their faces, after everything was over we discovered that those kids were just bunch of children between 17 and 18 years old and seeing them lying there on the ground dead because of us was horrible, and for me and Fernando that was what pulled the last straw. 

And we decided to leave that business and live normally with the women we love. The only way to do that was to fake our own death and change our identity, that was the easy part but the stay low part was the hard one "

"Did you fake your death,"  I asked 

"Yes it was easy, we only needed few bombs and two dead bodies, we exploded our house and placed the two dead bodies in there to make it look like it was us in the house, their face was made in a way they would never recognize.  We left to get a new life and a new  identity  with our brides, and that's when we came to New York  " 

"What happened next? " my father looked at me in a way that told me that whatever happened here wasn't good.