Chapter 12

Ilayda's POV :

Yesterday I fell asleep in Christian's arms, it felt like home I was at peace again. He was still asleep when I woke up and kept studying every little detail of his face, his forehead, his eyebrows, his long lashes, his soft shiny lips. God, he is so... beautiful.

Sometimes I look at him and wonder what does he see in me I was a disaster while he's at the top, but I do know one thing; I'm falling deeper and deeper for him every single second. I just felt the urge to kiss him so I gave him a small peek in the chin trying not to wake him but he apparently started to wake up, I quickly went back to my place.

"You know baby this body is all yours feel free to stare as much as you want," he whispered in my ears with his husky voice which sent chills in my body.

"You were awake" it wasn't a question but he nods staring intensely into my eyes, I got a little embarrassed and I could feel my cheeks turning red so I broke our eye moment.

"What?" he held my chin with two fingers and lift my face so that I can look at him.

"You have no idea what you're doing to me, do you? " I snuggled in his arms  and I buried my face  in his large shoulder, in moments like this, and whenever he says things like this that keep me speechless, it was hard for me to come up with words so I get closer to him hoping that he would understand my unspoken words 

"I have some weird ideas sometimes I think I'm going crazy. Now, I know that it's been just a little bit of time since we know each other, but I find myself already thinking of what would it feel like to wake up next to you every single day." he stopped and I looked at him then he took a deep breath 

"I lo-..." he was about to talk when we heard Nona calling and she opened the door of my room.

"Ilayda, Christian up now it's time to wake up" I was so surprised, not to mention frightened

"Nona how did you know that he's here" she looked at me and gave me a small smile and a wink.

"I know everything, and you know I was once young and crazy too" she gave me a wink "come on now, off you go, you don't want anyone seeing you right here" Christian got up and gave me a small kiss on the forehead and gave another one to Nona on the cheek. Nona went out to let me change and so that she can get started in the kitchen and make breakfast.

I lay down for a minute in the bed, and it seemed so empty. FIt funny how I started to get used to his presence in my room, and in my bed next to me. This man is changing me completely, I feel more happy and peaceful, and for the first time that I can trust someone, I can open up to someone, and that someone is Christian. I might actually have a chance to live happily.

I went to the kitchen; Nona was almost done, then a few moments later Maribelle came in.

"Nona, is it possible if I can have breakfast here with you guys" Nona went closer to Maribelle and started caressing her hair.? She is such a loving person.

"Now why would you do that, honey go sit next to your family"

"No, they are not family they are just ba unch of people who happen to live in the same house. Mom is trying to get that Nathalie b*tch in the family. Nathalie is trying to get my brother's d*ck inside her and a ring on her finger. Her mother is drooling after father, and father well you know him he does not give a f*CK about anything. And the only victims here are me and poor Christian who has that b*tch's b*obs almost right in his face, so do you think that these people can be labeled as a family because I don't think so."

"Ok take a breath dear, and get yourself together and get out there if not for them at least do it for your brother to save him, I think you and I both prefer to see him with sweet Ilayda over here." they both looked at me and I gave them a shy smile. "And this is the last time I would hear you uttering such words, alright honey?" .Maribelle groaned and went back to the dining area 

I was in the kitchen having my breakfast when I heard Mrs. Elfonso calling me, so I went to see her.

"Yes, ma'am." I didn't want to be there at all, seeing Nathalie almost throwing herself at Christian and the two women happy about that, I'm not the jealous type, not really.....fine. I was jealous. But come on, he's with me now. And he means everything to me, the slight idea of him being with someone else fills like a knife being inserted inside my heart, I really hate the idea.

"Bring us the tea", she said in a superior tone. I nod and went straight to the kitchen to grab their tea; oh how much I would like to spill it on that girl's face.

What is wrong with me, I've never been this kind of girl before, is love changing me 

LOVE?

Of course! I love him. I smiled at myself it was my first time falling in love with someone.

"Stop daydreaming and get that tea" Mrs. Elfonso broke my reverie. I placed the tea on the table and was heading back when a voice stopped me.

"Wait" I looked back and it was Madame Dubois talking to me.

"Yes," She gave me what seemed like a devilish smile.

"I remember now where I saw you before. It was at a party in Paris. you were with two adults that I presume were your parents, now it's true you were much younger but your facial features didn't change much it's easy to tell it was you." Everyone in the living room was looking at me especially Christian whose eyes were digging my back.

"I don't think so ma'am, what can a person like me be doing at such places?" I tried to give the most convincing poker face I can pull.

"Well for once I agree with what she says, what would a low class like her doing in the kind of parties that you would attend, only if you went really low at some point, then I don't see any other explanation" Madame Dubois kept looking at me intensely.

"I could swear it was you. Well maybe you are right maybe it is my mind playing tricks "she laughed and carried on with her talk.

I was about to leave when I heard Christian speaking.

"Excuse me I have something important to do"

Moreover, for some reason, it did not sound good to me.