Chapter 11

Ilayda's POV :

what the hell?

WHAT. THE. HELL. DID. SHE. JUST. DO?

"Excuse me, what are you doing to my brother"Maribelle seemed very upset while the two other women seemed totally happy. Christian pushed Nathalie away from him.

"Sorry, I just missed the touch of your lips" she was caressing his lower lip with her thumb.

"Nathalie, please don't ever do that again" he took a step back and I was silently thanking God.

"But why? We used to kiss all the time"

"Well, used to, but now I-" Christian was interrupted by his mother.

"Nathalie, why don't you go to your room and take some rest, lunch will be served soon" Nathalie let go of Christian.

"You" I looked at Mrs. Elfonso and she was addressing me.

 "What are you standing there doing? Go get their thing up to their rooms and them come to get lunch ready" I nod and went upstairs, Christian was giving me an apologetic look.

 I was in the room when I sensed someone watching me,

"She's a bitch, you know, I'm totally on your side"  my eyes wined, how does she know?

"I ..."

"You know just because I don't stay here much doesn't mean I don't know what is going on and besides in this whole family I'm Christian's favorite, he tells his baby sister everything ." Maribelle was smirking. she's just like her brother.

"Don't worry about that little slut, my brother is totally drawn by you he won't even notice her" she gave me a smile which I gave back, and before I can say anything she left.

They were all sitting at the table eating, I usually stay in the kitchen but this time Mrs. Elfonso asked me or ordered me to stay there" in case anyone needs anything" but I know she just wanted me to see what I can never have or be.

" La serviette s'il te plait " madame Dubois made my head snap ( tr: the napkin , please)

"Oh please, elle ne comprend pas le français." Mrs. Elfonso told her" ( tr: she doesn't understand French)

"She dropped her nap-"

" je comprends parfaitement le français madame" I grabbed her napkin. "Voilà votre serviette".

( tr: I understand french perfectly)(tr:  here's your napkin )

Everyone's head snapped at me, Nathalie was acting as if she doesn't care, Maribelle was smiling and she winked at me and Christan was looking mysteriously at me.

"Right, anyway what are you still doing here why don't you go to the kitchen"

I couldn't take it anymore she was trying to make me look small in front of everyone.

Christian's POV :

I wasn't very surprised when Ilayda spoke french because deep down I know that she's different she's hiding something, I could always see it in the way she speaks, or some times she would do some little gestures unintentionally I would know she's different but I still can't get my finger on what she's hiding.

I was heading to my room when I saw the kitchen light still on.

I think Ilayda's still working.

In the kitchen, I saw Ilayda working, and Mrs. Dubois watching her.

"I've seen you before."Mrs. Dubois suddenly spoke

"I ... I don't think so ma'am"

"no I'm sure I've seen you before wait I remember, 10 years ago in Paris you were much younger but believe me a face like yours is hard to forget, you were with your father right"

"NO" Ilayda was almost screaming." What could I possibly be doing in Paris? Ma'am, I think you have the wrong person "

"Yes that is exactly what I was thinking, anyway can I get another water bottle "

Ilayda nod.

When  Ilayda was all done she went to her room and I was watching her.

God, I'm such a freak.

But I just wanted to be alone with her without anyone interrupting, I felt so bad for what happened earlier and for how mother was behaving with her, I know there is something wrong and I need to talk to her.

 I followed her to her room and I knew she was taking a shower so I went inside and positioned myself on her bed. If only she would let me sleep next to her in the same bed.

The pillows smell just like her.

   Stop being so damn creepy.

She was getting out of the shower and too bad she wasn't wearing that same towel like last time this one was pretty covering, but HELL, just the idea that she is naked under that towel had me going like DAMN.

She was shocked, like always, at this time she needs to get used to it.

"Hey baby, miss me" I had my arms around her waist. I just love it when I'm touching her and when she is close to me, and I want her this way always.

"You know there is something called knocking you should really learn about it"

"Well, baby excuse my ignorant self and get on with it because it won't change. " she rolled her eyes. I just like annoying her, she is just so cute.

       Focus, focus you're here to talk, stop drooling over her.

"Anyways, baby I need to talk to you" she looked at me with curious eyes. "but first get change quickly because I can't focus knowing that you're naked under there" she blushed and went quickly to change, ow so cute.

     Focus damn it.

"Baby first I'm sorry  about Nathalie earlier I swear I wasn't expecting that, there is nothing between me and her "

"I know, don't worry about it"

"Good"

" Is that it?" she was playing with her wet hair.

"No, actually I wanted to ask you something" she nods, for me to continue " well you are my girl know but I can't help but to notice that I don't know anything about you every time we speak somehow we always end up  talking about me, are.....eh ....is there something you don't want me to know ?" 

She wasn't looking at my face anymore and her expression became a little sad, I felt even guilty for asking her, I didn't want to upset her, but I had to know. 

"There isn't much to know about me really" she was still avoiding my eyes.

"Still I want to know "I hold her hand and she looked at me then she lied down on the bed placing her head on my chest. I started playing with her wet rose smelly hair.

"I lived like any normal kid until I.....I was eleven, my parents died, and I had no family left, so I was left to wander the streets, one day I was taken by the police to a foster home, I stayed there for almost three years " she took a deep breath and I squeezed her hand." a couple then decided to adopt me I stayed with them for a month and one day the man tried to......he tried to rape me so I escaped from that house and I returned to the street, a woman found me one day and she took me with her and got me into the maid business, and that is it, that's how I got here"

she was telling me her story so fast and I'm sure she gave me the short version because she didn't want to show that she's sad, but I know.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for everything that happened to you, I'm sorry you had to go through all this, I'm sorry I wasn't there earlier, I'm sorry that I was living my life when you were going through hell. I promise your life will be better, I will  bring a smile back into your face, I will make you happy"

"You already do"

That night I hold her and I promised myself I will never let go.