Careful, Self-hatred is Contagious Pt.2

//Blaine//
They hadn't answered any of her calls since that day, they ignored Tracey too, giving her yet another reason to hate me since she hadn't even shown up that day. They must've figured it out, that Lexi was like me and that Tracey was, at the very least, a sympathiser.
I hate myself. But what could I do? She begged me. She has never looked at me like that before, I wasn't prepared.
It's been a little harder to get out of bed every day since, it's been 3 weeks, Lexi hasn't heard from her parents and I've barely heard from Lexi.

She hasn't answered any of my calls since that day, she'd messaged me a few times, assuring me she was fine, reminding me how much her parents hate her. She hadn't shown up at the bar, despite now working there, though I suppose I can hardly blame her for that. Every time I knock on her door Tracey answers and, just as fast as she'd opened it, it's slammed shut again. I'm certain she can tell it's me by the way I knock on the door, despite me deliberately changing it each time to try put her off.

I've worked every day since what had happened, I needed something to distract myself, it's been a while since I'd had that much blood on my hands and that was under extremely different circumstances. As sick as it is I almost missed it, all the death, when I smelt her blood I'd gotten a sense of nostalgia, something I pray didn't come across on my face. I never thought I'd...miss it, the killing, inflicting pain, it's something I'd convinced myself was simply out of necessity, I needed to do it for the money. I supposed I wouldn't miss the money though since I've got more than enough of that with my businesses.

Putting the slight nagging in my skull begging for violence to the side I set to my day of work at Romero's.

I don't usually serve unless there's someone important dining, I find it demeaning - plus, isn't that what I pay the waiters for? - but today, just like yesterday and the day before that I need as much distraction as I can get. As I walk through to the dining area though, a fresh plate of brain linguine in one hand and a lasagna in the other something takes me off guard.

I almost drop the plates in surprise as I look out through the entrance, convinced I'm mistaken, but no, there they are, very awkwardly walking through the main doors. Aria and Kelvin Gilbert wait to be seated, scanning the room nervously as if one of my customers could jump up and eat them at any second. Lexi's anti-zombie parents, who are now officially 1/2 zombie are standing in my zombie friendly restaurant.

What the hell do I do?

I carry the plates over to their designated table as I watch the jumpy couple reach their own, snatching the menus from the hand of the server who seated them on a table surrounded by empty ones, a table I'm sure they requested specifically. I wait a minute then take a deep breath, straightening my suit as I make my way to the head of their table, I clear my voice "Can I get you two some drinks?" I speak as kindly and respectfully as I can muster.

They don't look up, not yet realising it was me and Aria crinkles her nose up at the wine menu, as if to make a show of it as she sighs, "I guess I'll just have water then."

I fight the urge to roll my eyes, smiling, despite them still not looking up at me, and writing it down, "and for you, sir?"

"Well, which of these whiskeys would you recommend?" He points at the menu, before looking up to me, then he freezes, "you!?" He snaps, anger in his voice, "I want a different waiter."

"I'm afraid they are all quite busy sir, do you still need help with that whiskey?" I speak kindly, trying to hide a smirk as I see anger wash over him and his wife.

"I want to speak to the manager, then we're leaving." He states simply, standing as Aria quickly pushes her phone back into her clutch bag before copying her husbands' actions. She then takes a moment to look me over.