All I Have to Say And More

//Lexi//
The words echo in my mind as they leave his lips, 'Liv hates me, has done for years, I turned her when I was high at some party...I used to be a dealer. Didn't realise I'd scratched her until she made it her mission to find me and give me an earful afterwards.' He had paused there, looking up from the floor to me, waiting for a sign to continue and when I nodded, with a face as straight as I could muster, he had. 'She already hated me for that, which is...understandable...despite the fact I had no intentions of ever killing her. Then I met Peyton, manipulated her, lied to her...I was like the bad boyfriend in every high school romance movie ever made. Naturally, Liv didn't take too kindly to me hurting her best friend. And so she hates me, and so she believes everyone else should hate me too.' I knew it from the start. I knew just what kind of man he was, I knew exactly how he treated women. Still, I knew it before and it didn't stop me, should I really let it stop me now?

The look in his eye shows me just how guilty he feels, there's no faking that. The story though, how do I know that's real? I could ask Liv, or better yet, I could confront Peyton about their so-called relationship. Maybe that would make me seem obsessive. What kind of person questions a guys ex-girlfriend like that?

I wouldn't want to put him off. That would definitely put him off.

I can't let this slide though, not this easily. How do I know he's changed? I mean did he really walk out on me last night to prove a point to my sister? I need to ask him about that.

"You walked out on me last night, don't tell me that was to piss of Tracey."

"It wasn't, Jesus I wouldn't--" He stops himself because he knows as well as I do that if he really was that stereotypical heartbreaking jerk he would. "I didn't. That's not me, not anymore Lexi. At least, I don't want it to be, I..." He trails off, scratching the back of his head and biting his lip nervously. He never struck me as the type to get nervous easily. Is he genuinely scared to fuck this up? Or is he just trying to get me to feel bad? He's admitted to manipulating a girl in the past. For all I know I'm just another Peyton.

"I had missed calls, nearly 40 of them when I woke up. They were all from work and my guys know not to call me when I'm off so I figured it was important. It was 2 am and I felt too bad to wake you. You have no idea how cute and peaceful you looked, it wasn't right to disturb that. So I...I just left, I was in too much of a rush to think about leaving a note. Too panicked to remember to send a text apparently. By the time I remembered I hadn't told you where I'd gone your sister was, well she was stood outside my building and..."

I swallow the breath I didn't realise I was holding and step toward him, I place my hand on his shoulder and catch his gaze in mine. "Blaine." I sigh, I don't blame him for stuttering so much, talking is hard. Especially when the outcome is so important to you. I must be important to him. He opens his mouth to speak, I don't let him.

"I don't forgive you, " His gaze drops, "but that doesn't mean you can't try to make it up to me." I finish and his eyes lock onto mine again, he smiles.
"And how do I do that?"

"You can answer some more questions."

His eyebrow quirks up and he tilts his head in confusion as his eyes widen, like a puppy. If I wasn't still mad I'd find it cute.
I am still mad.
I find it cute anyway.

"Tell me, Mr DeBeers, how do you get your less than legal stock across that great big wall?"

He looks even more confused now, but I don't give him any more than that. I await my answer.
"I have a guy. Why?" He answers cautiously, does he think I'm trying to catch him out on something? What is there to catch him out on?

"So if I needed to smuggle something into Seattle, hypothetically, of course, I'd have to find myself a guy?"

"If you needed to smuggle something into Seattle, hypothetically, I'd be your guy."

"So you'll help?" I look up at him hopefully, praying he won't shut me down.

"Do I have a choice?" He looks conflicted. Of course, you don't.

"Umm...not really no." I bite my lip.

"You know that wall is one hell of a barrier Lexi, but it's not the only thing standing in a smugglers way. So is the entire US fucking Army so if this hypothetical thing isn't worth risking lives for then your help isn't coming from me."

"If you won't help then there's only one other person in Seattle that I can trust to get something into this city and I'm not sure you'll like me going to her for help." It feels like I'm the manipulative one now but I need this, it really is important. I need him to see that.

"You're playing a dangerous game, Lex." He warned with a sharper tone.

"We are living in a dangerous place B. It's worth the risk."

"And what exactly is it? -- Just so I know what I'm getting myself into." I'm persuading him, I can tell. It's working.

"My parents." I drop a little too bluntly.

"My men smuggle cadaver cerebellum not beating hearts."

"Olivia Moore it is then." I turn to walk away, please pull me back.

"I don't like this, this isn't what I do," he scrunches up his face, as though it pains him to help me, "but I suppose there's a first time for everything."

I grin, running up to him and jumping into his unready arms, wrapping my legs around his waist and grabbing his face in my hands, kissing him in short and frantic bursts.

"I knew they were wrong about you."

He laughs breathlessly in between kisses as he holds me against him.

"You know, " he mutters in a husky voice before kissing me passionately, "I think work can wait," I smirk against his lips.

I lean in and whisper close to his ear, "You really think you're going into work at all today? You've got a lot more making up to do." I nip at his earlobe and I hear him growl under his breath as he walks me to his car.

Tracey was right. Makeup sex is the best.