Truth and Intimidation

//Blaine//
I sit back down at my desk when I hear my phone buzz, my heart seems to vibrate with it, me and Lexi swapped numbers this morning, there's a chance she actually wants to talk to me. It's pathetic, getting this excited over the prospect of a text but I can't help it, I like her. Picking up my phone I feel the throbbing in my chest drop to a standstill, it's not her.

Ravi: Come down to the morgue asap, need to run some tests. It's important.

I can't remember the last time I was actually wanted in that morgue, I can't remember the last time the Doctor actually needed me for tests. Wasn't he passed that stage in making the cure? Though I suppose me stealing it must've been a big set back. It's not like I've got anything better to do and if Ms Moore is there at least I'll get some entertainment. I pick up the keys I had tossed on the desk only minutes before and stand up with a stretch.
Back to the car.

// * //

I shake off the strange feeling I get as I pull up outside the police station and stroll inside. If he wanted my attention so badly why would he send just one text, surely he thought there was a chance I wouldn't show. Or maybe not, I am here, after all. Maybe I'm becoming predictable. That's a horrible thought.

"Doc?" I call out as I walk down the short set of steps to the morgue, I don't gain a response. Suddenly I feel like I'm being lured into something I'd rather not experience and when I hear the doors to the morgue lock behind me my fears are confirmed.

"Ms Moore, I have to say there are better ways of getting my attention than pretending to be your boss. I'm guessing there are no tests to run?" I slide my hands in my jean pockets and stand opposite her, she's stood on the second step, making her around my height. I try to keep my voice light, not wanting her to know she took me off guard, I'd rather die -- again -- than admit Olivia Moore got one over on me.

"You figured it out then? Didn't think you were smart enough."
She struts down the steps, sliding the key into her lab coat pocket, and past me. She leans against one of the cold metal tables in the centre of the room. "You didn't talk when I went to you, I figured maybe I'd have to bring you to me."

"That's what this is about? That dead girl? And this is your plan to get me to confess to whatever I'm being accused of? Take me out of my comfort zone? I've got to say Liv, I'm disappointed."

"You're not leaving until you tell me everything you know about this case, Blaine." She gives me that same look she always gives me, as though she can't stand to be around me. Like my very existence repulses her. Granted, I probably deserve that look but it still grates on me. Not that she knows it, as far as she's aware I get joy from that look. I do, to some extent, pissing her off is my favourite hobby but being hated gets old.

"I don't remember her." It's true, the name Stephanie Walkers means nothing to me.

"Let me rephrase, you're not leaving until you tell me the truth."

"No offence Sherlock but I think you might be losing your edge because you see I could've sworn I just told you the truth."

"You're lying."

I sigh, "I have better things to be doing right now." Like talking to Lexi.

"And you think I don't? Do you think I enjoy these conversations, Blaine? Do you think I enjoy having visions of you and a dead girl eating each other's lips off behind some lonely bleachers off your face on weed on some random high school football field? Do you think I enjoy seeing your shitty childhood? Because I don't."