Big Bad Blaine

//Lexi//
"Lexi!?" My head snapped up as Liv called my name, before looking into the interrogation room to see just what had got me in such a state - sat on the floor, my legs folded into my trembling chest.

"You know you can't be in here right?" Her voice took on a softer tone, like a doctor talking to a patient, as she knelt beside me, resting a hand in my knee. She glanced over at the door, to check if it's shut or to make sure no one followed her I don't know.

"T-the things they said- I"

"Hey, it's okay, let's calm down then you can tell me what you've heard yeah?" Her soft, motherly yet authoritative tone never wavered. I nodded.

After taking a deep, shuddering breath I finally found it in me to say the single sentence that, once it was in the air I'd wished I'd never asked, "how many people has he killed?"

She looked perplexed for a second, before shushing me as my breathing deepened. "Honestly? I don't know, but there's a lot of Lexi."

I bit back a whimper as I shook my head, brushing her hand off of me as I looked up at the ceiling blurry-eyed, "no, he wouldn't, he couldn't he-"

"He's a good actor Lexi, but he's not a good man." her hand moved to my shoulder, squeezing it softly in an attempt to comfort me while also making sure I was understanding her assertion.

"I want proof." I declared simply, knowing it was the only way to settle my internal dispute.

"If we had proof you would never have even met him." Liv reasoned, still trying to calm me.

"I love him." I stuttered, my eyes blurring as I stared across the room.

"I know." She sighed.

"He wouldn't-" I cut myself off with my own weeping.

"I'm sorry." She sounded sincere.

I choked back another sob before resting my head on her shoulder as she settled sitting beside me, her arms wrapping tightly around me.

I want to push her away; she's lying, she doesn't want him to be happy, she doesn't want us to be happy. He'd never hurt anyone, he's a good man.

I want to run away; he's a liar, I knew it all along, I have no idea what he's capable of, who he'd kill or hurt to get his way - would he hurt me?

I'm pulled from my spiralling thoughts by a muffled noise it takes me a little too long to recognise as voices, along with the clicking of heels.

"What the hell Blaine?" A stern female voice starts.

Me and Liv glanced at each other before standing to watch whatever was about to unfold. I frowned, the acting mayor was stood in front of Blaine with an irritated look on her face.

"I told them not to call you, you can leave." Blaine shrugged, his body language had shifted since she'd walked in the room, his shoulders tensed, his eyes never lingering on her for too long, as though he was scared he'd turn to stone if he looked at her.

Peyton scoffed, sitting in the chair opposite him, "you're going to tell me what you've done that was worth me coming down from city hall, in detail."

Blaine rolled his eyes, though he didn't bother to argue, "he knows how stubborn she is, " Liv responded when I pulled a strange look, "there's no fighting it when lawyer Peyton is out."

I glanced over to Liv as he told Peyton the events that had led up to this moment, "how do they know each other?"

"They dated, for a while, it didn't end well," Liv uttered, brushing off the subject.