Advice from Ms. Happy

James Potter and the Tri-wizard Tournament

Chapter Seven: Interrogation

James’s Pov.

“WHY WOULD YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT PUTTING YOUR GIRLFRIEND’S NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE?!?” My dad yelled at me.

Ex-Girlfriend.” Strai corrected. I looked at her and she stuck her tongue out at me. I felt awful. I hadn’t planned that she had gotten picked.

“Please Strai, listen. I hadn’t meant for you to get picked. Heck I didn’t even know you would!”

Strai looked furious, “I am Voldemort’s daughter! Nobody ever thought that would happen! If you haven’t noticed everything bad happens to me!” then she stopped for a moment as if something clicked in her head. “Because of you! Everything bad started happening as soon as I met you! I got my heart broken because of you-“

“Actually that was Gwen-“ I interjected.

“But you still continued to make me jealous! Because you were too much of a coward to just say you liked me! If you hadn’t practically led me to the Chamber of Secrets I never would have almost died last year!” she yelled at me.

“Are you really blaming me for this? This is ridiculous!” She ignored me. “Look, this always happens. I do something stupid, you get mad at me and then we fight. But we both end up getting over it. You will forgive. I don't care how long it will take but you will. I know you will. You love me and I love you."

Strai’s eyes shimmered, I am not sure if it was anger or tears but she ran past me to the doors. As soon as she opened them she collided with someone. You could each of them say sorry as she made her way out of the trophy room.

“Strai wait!” Keith called as he moved to run out of the room. I quickly slipped beside him and held out my foot so he tripped.

“Sorry.” I shrugged. I looked at my dad who was glaring at me. Is he really on her side? I am his son! He should be on my side!

The person Strai ran into came in. It was a woman in light pink robes and her hair in a bun. She was thin and tall, she was also young about her early thirties. She had blonde hair and blue eyes she was pale and had a smile on her lips. “I am here to help with your student’s problems.” She said with a wide smile.

“Oh, Yes. We sent out an Ad looking for a guidance counselor. ” She turned back to the new woman, “all though I was not excepting a reply so soon.”

“I just love teaching and children and was so excited to have a chance.” She said with a smile in a very quiet yet excited voice.

“Too happy for my taste.” Hayley muttered.

“Too happy for a potions teacher.” I whispered.

“I still hate you.” She replied and walked out of the room. I just let my head drop, Ms. Happy looked at me concerned.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“My girlfriend hates me-“

“Ex-girlfriend.” My father corrected me. I glared at him.

“My ex-girlfriend hates me, my friends hate because she has turned them against me and I am falling behind in classes, what is right?” I sighed.

“What’s your name?” she asked.

“James, James Potter.” I informed. “Yes, Harry Potter is my dad, or not for long. I think he is planning on disowning me and adopting my ex.” I whispered to her but of course my dad heard.”

“It was your own fault!” my father reasoned.

Ms. Happy said, “What did you do?”

“I entered her in the tri-wizard tournament with her knowing or wanting to.” I admitted. Ms. Happy turned to my father, Krum, and McGonagall and asked if we could talk alone.

“Do you love her?” she asked.

“Yes.” I replied automatically.

“Why did you do it?” she asked.

“Okay well, I don’t feel very comfortable talking about his with someone who I don’t know—“

“I am Danika Useler I am going to be the guidance counselor. Don’t worry lots of kids don’t feel comfortable talking to strangers but don’t worry. I’m not strange, I am here to help you with your problems and give you advice. To encourage you and keep you safe.” She interjected.

“Oh.” I breathed. “Well, I was with my brother and best friend. They kept saying I was too scared to put my name in the Goblet. I kept telling them I wasn’t, but they didn’t listen to me. Then I told them about the promise that I made to Strai.”

“What is the promise and is Strai is your ex?”

“Yes, she is. The promise was that I wouldn’t put my name in the Goblet. She said she didn’t want me to get hurt. But now I think that is all she wants me to do.”

“So what happened after you told them about the promise?”

“They said I was whipped. They kept pressuring me to put my name in. But I didn’t want to break Strai’s promise. I figured if I put her name in then… then I wasn’t breaking my promise. But instead it just shows how much of a moron I am.” I sighed and let my head drop.

“You’re not a moron; you are just a teenage boy in love. Naturally you are going to do something stupid. Don’t feel bad, if you truly love her then don’t give up. And if she truly loves you… she will forgive you.” I smiled at Ms. Useler and thanked her as I walked out.

Waiting in the hall for me was Ash. He looked at me with a smirk, “I can’t believe you did that.” He said. I rolled my eyes and just ignored him and continued walking.

I really was getting annoyed by him, yes he was my friend but if it wasn’t for him I would still be in a relationship with Strai.

“Are you mad at me?” I just snorted and kept walking, “You are aren’t you? Well news flash James, you have nothing to be mad at me about!”

“Because of you I am going to work my ass of getting my girlfriend back!” I yelled at him. He did the most unexpected thing to do when your best friend is mad at you, yet totally expected thing from him.

He laughed.

I gaped at him that made him laugh even more. “Why are you laughing?” I demanded.

”You didn’t have to give in to peer pressure.” He said simply. And for the first time since this whole thing happened I laughed. It was good to have him back.

I am so sorry!!!! I am so sorry I am late. I have an actual excuse. Well as most of you know, IT WAS HARRY POTTER WEEKEND!!!! And as you know I ALWAYS update that weekend. Well I was on vacation and got sick on Thursday, I got home Saturday and Sunday I went to the doctors to find out that I have strep throat… again! I have had it at least a thousand times so Sunday I was miserable but then I started to feel better and then I had written half of this, but then I got a major ear ache that felt like someone ran it over with a truck then jumped out and started to stab it. It was so bad I almost went to the hospital in the middle of the night. Thank god my dad is an EMT and was able to come up with his all-knowing powers and fixed. But now I have a boat load of water in my ear. Lovely. Anyway, so I managed to finish this while coughing and listening to Harry Potter/Disney videos.

Anyway, I hope you liked it! Next update should be next weekend. Gotta go, Night!

V----V Vampireluver23

Vote, comment, like, read my other stories.

P.S How do you like the new teacher? Yes, I know, there is no guidance conuslers but there should be. Hogwarts students go through a lot.