The Champions

I finally updated! Go me!

Oh HP Pick up line of the day? Are you using the Confundus charm or are you just naturally mind blowing?

James Potter and the Next Generation

Chapter Six: The Champions

Strai’s Pov.

Tonight is the night they pick the names of the four champions. James better not have put his name in the Goblet of Fire, because we all know it would be him that gets picked. I really don’t want him to have to help him solve a bunch of riddles. He already isn’t focusing on his school work enough; I don’t need him to be more preoccupied. Also I don’t want him to die.

James and I walked to the Great Hall, he was talking about how he was bummed that they had to cancel Quidditch for the Tournament. He was literally ranting, and ranting. “James! Please can we talk about something that makes sense?”

He looked at me, “Strai, I have explained the sport to you a hundred times! You have even played it! How can you still not understand it?”

We then heard laughing behind us and we turned to see Hayley and Braxton cracking up. “What’s so funny?” I asked confused.

Braxton looked at James still dying with laughing, “Strai play a sport? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!” he shouted.

“You don’t even know what sport we are talking about. There is no Quidditch at Evergreen.” I defended. Then the two laughing twins stared at me like I was stupid.

“Yes, they did.” Hayley told me.

“What?” I asked now extremely confused.

“Quidditch is played at every wizarding school.” James explained.

“Oh.” I replied sheepishly. I decided I would change the topic, “So who do you think will get picked?”

James replied, “I am again, seriously hoping that Keith gets chosen.”

“Well, everyone is making bets. A girl named Lily is doing them.” Hayley replied. James face fell; it just so happens that in front of us Lily was collecting bets on who would be picked.

“Lily Luna Potter.” He growled. She looked up from her money and paled. She looked at me with pleading eyes.

“So James what is that position called when you fly in front of the goal post and block?” I asked.

His gaze met mine and then I had to listen to him talk about “keepers”. I looked at Lily and she mouthed, “thank you” I mouthed back, “your welcome”.

I walked into the Great Hall and walked over to sit at Gryffindor. I then looked up and saw that Keith was about to sit next to me I freaked out and pulled James down to my left and Ash down to my left. James looked confused and then nodded understandingly. I then pulled Scoripus and Rose behind me, and Braxton, Albus and Hayley in front of me.

The tables were replaced by bleachers which made me upset. “How are we going to eat?” I complained. Everyone just ignored me, going on with their conversation.

Then Ash had to be an ass as usual, “You know you don’t have to force me into anything, I will do it willingly.”

I groaned, “Why are you so annoying?”

“You know you want me.”

“Yes, I want you like Azkaban wants prisoners.” I told him sarcastically. I then decided to ignore him and just started talking about life with Albus. Albus was great at listening, and I loved hearing about him and that chick that can’t remember her name.