Embracing Her Father

• Dedicated to Richard Griffths! The guy who played Vernon Dursley. He died March 29th 2013! :(

Chapter 17: Embracing Her Father

Strai's Pov.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM?" I heard Ginny yell. The caught me off guard causing me too clutching James's hand tighter. I hadn't let my eyes wander anywhere but James. He looked so cute while he was asleep, you know except that he was unconious. 

"The potion is a mix of several kinds of potions and we can't get teh correct dosage of each." McGonagall explained. 

"Is there anyway we can figure it out?" Harry asked. The whole Potter family and me were in the Hospital Wing with the comatose James. I hadn't left his side except for the past two days until Ginny and Harry got her. Ginny was holding his other hand sitting in a chair like me on the otherside. Lily and Albus were sitting on a spare bed and Harry was standing behind Ginny with his arms crossed. "Got it feels like that time Ron was unconsinous."

"Except that instead of it being your best friend in a magical-induced coma, it's your son." Ginny replied.   "Aw, poor James." I nodded. "How are you holding up, Strai?"

"Fine." I replied my voice monotone. I looked up at her to see worry in her eyes. I looked around to see everyone looking at me. 

"You look lifeless." Ginny observed. 

"Yeah well I am also a complete mess on the inside too! With out James there is no one to balance out my craziness! SOMEBODY FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET HIM BACK!" I screamed having a mental breaking down. 

Lily came over, "You're okay, Strai." She reassured. "Breathe." I nodded. "Can someone please wake him up?" Lily asked looking around. 

"Well, there is one way." McGonagall said. 

"Great!" Harry replied. "What is it?" 

"Well it would require someone who's father could read the minds of his enemies. This person would have to be able to have access to their father." McGonagall hinted.

"Are you kidding me! But she's not mentally stable!" Lily whispered.

"She's going to have to do it. No one else can! She will have to do it for James." 

"Who?" I asked. Pealing my eyes from James. The look they were giving me made sense. "Oh. Me."

"Can you pull yourself together for James?" Harry asked.

"I think so. What do I have to do?"

"Okay Strai do you remember what you have to do?" Harry asked me when we were out in the courtyard. 

"Yup. i just need to be clarified on one thing."

"What's that?"

"What if I kill Keith because I lose control?" 

"We wil hopefully stop you before that."

"By stop, do you mean kill?"

He looked confused, "Why would I mean that?"

"Do you care if I die? I mean would you feel sad. Not James, Lily, Ginny, or Al. Would you?"

"Of course. Why would you think otherwise? Your like a daughter to me."

"Because I am the product of why your life sucked."

He smiled, "My life doesn't suck. Not anymore."

"But my father killed your parents. My mother killed your Godfather...almost Ginny."

"I know." He replied his smile fading a bit.

"But-"

"Can you keep a secret Strai? A secret I have never told anyone not even James or Ron or Hermonie."

"Yeah."

"They're still with me. I know they are." What did he mean? Was it wishful thinking but then I looked at him. No, he knew they were there with him the entire time. 

"How do you know?" 

"Have you ever read the Tales of the Beatle Bard?" 

"Every wizard child has." I replied easily. 

"Do you understand yet?" He was hinting at something. Soemthing was obvious but I wasn't getting it. How could he know that his dead loved ones were still with him? Watching over him? Did he talk to him? 

That's crazy. 

"Not really." 

"You will." he spotted our victim. "Time to go." He gently pushed me towards him. "Good luck!" He called.

"Keith!" I calling faking hysterics. He turned to look at me and I ran into his arms. "You were right! I should have chosen you! I am so sorry! Please forgive me!" Ew. I feel like some weak girl in so sappy movie.

"It's okay. I forgive you." He said. He locked our gazes. 

Perfect. I willed myself trying--and failing--to get Voldemort to come out. 

Why should I help you?

Because I am your favorite of your childern.

Sarcasm isn't helping you Strai.

Becausing I am your daughter and my happiness is the most important thing for you.

Ha! Like you mean anything to me. 

Wow. Harsh.

But I love him. 

Love is weakness.

Have you ever felt love before?

I'm leaving.

Ha! Break through! Your jealous of me because I have felt love and people love me and nobody has ever loved you!

You're not helping yourself Strai.

If you don't help me, then I will go crazy. I will go pyschotic! Just like the bitch of a woman you dubbed my mother! It won't help either of us. I will be to far gone to carry on your reputation. 

what do I have to gain?

...I will...do something (wince) evil.

Kill someone. That annoying girl. That Gwen girl. Have her killed by the end of the Tournament.  

Would James really want me to kill Gwen so he could live?

Gwen or James? 

Could I live with out James? Could I tear another one of Harry's loved ones from him? Could I really kill someone? 

Deal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the polt thickens. Okay, so Annabel (my computer who I renamed Raven) is broken again. :( so I had to steal my mother's computer from her. (Who I have named Virginia <from A Great and Terrible Beauty, read it it is fansatic!>). 

Oh and did you hear? THE GUY WHO PLAYED UNCLE VERNON DIED LIKE YESTERDAY !(extreme sadness!) So I have decided to deciate this chaper to him. Rip Richard Griffths March 29th , 2013.