Ch. 26 The Countdown

10 Days till Vytal Festival

Downtown Vale

Otto Octavius is heading back to his office after buying a new actuator, for one of his secret projects, and now he is walking on a busy sidewalk while on the phone, with Norman Osborn.

Otto: Don't worry Mr. Osborn, I got the materials, Project Null will be completed.

Norman: Good, will it be ready by the end of the Vytal Festival?

Otto: Yes sir the everything will proceed as I planned, the Semblance Dampater will be ready within the week.

Norman: Excellent, now if you will excuse me, my other half need to make a call.

Otto: Alright Mr. Osborn. *click*

Otto then began to rush through the crowd until...

???: Excuse me!

Otto: Woah!

Otto then crashes into a small ginger girl, dropping his shopping bag and spilled its contents.

Ginger Girl: OH I am so sorry sir.

Otto: Oh no it's my fault, I was not paying attention to where I was going.

Ginger Girl: At least let me help you gather your items.

Otto: Oh that would be most appreciated.

The two of them then proceed to pick up the items that Otto has dropped and put them back into his shopping bag.

When that is all done Otto gets up and politely offers the girl a hand up which she gratefully takes and he helps her up.

However, when Otto helped her up he thought her hand felt a more like metal than bone and skin.

Ginger Girl: Thank you, sir.

Otto: Oh I should be the one thanking you, *Brings the actuator out of the bag and holds it in his right hand, and lets out a sigh of relief*

Otto: And it looks like the actuator, is still in working condition.

Ginger Girl: Oh good that is usually important to any piece of advanced technology.

Otto: Oh so you know a lot about technology?

Ginger Girl: Oh yes I, um studied it in school *hiccup*

The girl looked incredibly familiar but he just could not figure out why.

Otto: So you're a transfer student I have not seen you, my class.

Ginger Girl: That's correct sir I am from Atlas.

Otto: Atlas, I studied for a little bit, until...

Ginger Girl: Are you alright mister?

Otto: *ahem, stands up straight* Um Yes, OH and uh my name is Dr. Otto Octavious!

Ginger Girl: *smiles* My name is Penny, Penny Polendina

*CRUNCH*

As soon as she said that Otto Shattered the Actuator that he was holding, with pieces falling to the floor and a few pieces lodged in his hand.

Penny: *Gasp* Oh my gosh Mr. Octavious, are you alright.

Otto did not look at her or at his bleeding hand, he just looked onward as if he was being hypnotized.

Otto: *whisper* They...they...stole...it!

Penny: I...I'm sorry?

Otto: I...I need to get back to...to Beacon.