Ch. 5 Belly of the Beast

3rd pov 

Beacon

Team RWBY was waiting to get done with their classes to go and hatch their plan to stop the crime syndicate in Vale, But unbeknownst to either of them y/n had a very similar plan of his own. The plans where simple Ruby and Weiss would go to the C.C.T to cheek if there had been any dust robberies or inconsistencies, Yang was going to ask Junior some questions, but since his arrest was made public this morning she instead was going to follow some trucks containing dust crystals, while Blake would go to the warehouse to attend a White Fang meeting, which where Spider-Man would be heading as well. Y/n had his suit and web-shooters in his backpack ready to go, but now he just needed a good excuse to enplane to team RWBY, and Vise Versa.

They were taking chemistry class with Dr. Octavius. This was y/n's favorite subject because it allowed him to make web fluid under the radar since everyone was working with beakers and chemicals. So it was not hard for y/n to do the project that Octavius assigned them to do and work on web fluid and make it look inconspicuous.

Octavius: So class how is completing the stable nitroglycerin going.

Jaune: Were trying to go as fast as we can.

Octavius: No take your time, trust me this is a project you don't want to rush.

y/n already finished the nitroglycerin, but he did not want to tell Otto until he was not done making his new batch of web fluid.

while his students worked on his assignment Otto was reminiscing the past.

Otto was a prodigy in Atlas, he was always smarter than any of his peers and most of his teachers, however, he was not the best fighter so Ironwood kicked him out saying that he did not belong in a hunter school. Otto insisted that he was inventing something that could put him above the rest if he could just get the money, but alas it did not give him any favors with Ironwood.

y/n: Done, Doctor Octavius.

He said this as he held up the tube with one hand and zipping up his backpack containing the new web fluid with the other.

The whole class went silent and looked at him.

Octavius: Hmmm bring it here Mr. l/n.

y/n brought the tube to Otto who looks at it closely and nodded his head in approval.

Octavius: Very impressive l/n, I see a lot of myself in you.

He patted him on the back then the bell rang

Octavius: OK class that's enough for today you can pick up where you left off tomorrow.

Team RWBY was packing their stuff.

Ruby: How the hell did he do that, this is so hard.

Weiss: Come on RWBY it's not THAT hard

Ruby: We could not get past the first step Weiss.

y/n: Hey I got to go to work so I will be back late, is that alright

Ruby: Oh that's fine take as long as you need OK,

y/n Great thank you

They both walk-in separate directions.

y/n: Well that was easy

Ruby: Well that was easy

Timeskip one hour

y/n pov

I am swinging across the city to go to the warehouse, maybe I can take them by surprise and find out who Fancy Hat is working for, and why he would need so much dust there are too many possibilities to say for sure, I need to narrow the list. I arrive at the where house roof