Ch. 17 War of Words

Beacon Dorm Roof Night

3rd pov

The night was cold with windy and on the Dorm Rooftop, y/n and a blackbird are staring very intently at each other, with tension so thick you can cut it with a knife.

y/n: Um...Hi?

Bird: ...

y/n: Hey, um sorry about your helmet. I can fix it for you...if you want?

After that sentence, the bird turns into a beautiful woman that looked all too familiar who was now closer to him, and is pointing her sword at him, this causes y/n to step back and put his hands up in front of his chest.

y/n: Oh hold on!

Raven: You know who I am don't you?

y/n: No I..um...I mean I already said I heard of your bandit tribe.

Raven: Don't play dumb with me y/n l/n.

y/n: Wait, what!?

Before y/n could even react Raven quickly rushed forward and pulled y/n's mask up revealing his face and then steps back.

y/n: Oh Ok! that's a no-no, the mask is not to be touched! *nervous* 

He quickly pulls it back down.

y/n: *deep voice* Look I don't know who you think I am but...

Raven: Are you changing your voice?

y/n: *deep voice* No of course not I have always sounded like this have you not noticed. 

Raven: Changing your voice won't help you I have already seen you before at this school, on this very roof in fact.

y/n's lenses slowly form a surprised expression on his face.

Raven: So I will ask you one more time do you know who I am?

y/n: *Sigh* *looks down* Yeah I know who you are.

Raven: Have you told her?

y/n: How can I tell her? 

y/n: That her mom who she has been searching for all her life was only a few miles from her location and didn't even bother to say hello or I love you, you are my daughter and the most precious thing in the world to me and I will never leave your side again!

Raven: Your affection for her well being is admirable, I must state that you don't know me and do not think that you do know me unless you WANT your legs to be broken.

y/n: Your right I don't know you but I know that being a parent means that you are there every day for them because that is what they do.

Raven: Look kid I don't know what you were taught but I was raised to through the belief that the weak die and the strong life, and Yang has lived through many troubling ordeals and I am proud of that.

y/n: With all due respect, Raven you don't know Yang.  She may act tuff all the time, but I can tell she is hurting on the inside because her mother abandoned her without so much as an explanation.  And when her REAL mother dies you can't even be bothered to turn up to tell her she is not alone, that she still has a mother to look after her but you can't be bothered to do that.

Raven was starting to get really agitated.

Raven: I would watch what you say if you value your life.

y/n: You would not attack me here on the roof of the Beacon dorm with Ozpin just a short walk away.

Raven clenched her teeth, and then looked to the floor and sighed.