Chapter 29

We sat, sipped our drinks, making light conversation. A few times we got up to dance.

While sitting in our booth, a few of the ladies stopped by our table thanking us for what we had done. They stated that they had heard rumors, but the events of the evening seem to verify them, and maybe put an end to that kind of abuse.

We even had a couple of what I termed 'hard dykes' come over and thank us. In the back of my mind I felt that it was because we had shamed the other two in leaving earlier, cutting back on their direct competition.

As it got later, Halsey came over taking a break from her duties behind the bar, also thanking us and making the Purple Palace a safe and better place to come to. The three of us chatted a few minutes, before she said that she needed to get back to her job. As she started to get up, I grabbed her arm and gave her a kiss on her cheek.

"Lord sweetie, what was that for?"

"That was saying thanks for my favorite bartender."

"Hell, I'm probably the only bartender you know." We all giggled at her comment.

"Which by the way, how much do we owe for our drinks tonight?" I had said to her.

"Sweetie, enough people have come up saying they wanted to buy you both your next drink, there is enough money in your little kitty to keep you in beer the rest of the year." Giggling a little still attempting to stand.

"Well in that case, pulling a ten from my pocket, give this to our waitress for taking good care of us."

"Now that I can do... which reminds me, you know each time you give Kehlani a kiss on the cheek, it seem she can't get enough loving from me until I am flat worn out."

Feeling a bit bad for maybe causing her to get angry with me, I touched her arm... "I promise, I'll never do that again, I am so sorry." Lowering my head a little in embarrassment.

"Oh no sweetie, don't you dare stop. Our sex life is really great, and that just brings a little extra. Oh God I love it so much, don't you dare stop." Giggling as she turned and walked away.

Taking my final sip of beer, I laid my head down on Dinah's shoulder, snuggling in against her.

"Honey, would you take me home?"

"Sure, is there anything wrong?"

"No, I just want you to take me home and make love to me," Lifting my head and looking into her eyes.

Her eyes got that little sparkle in them, and I swear it was more like a hint of mischief, "Love to baby."