Chapter 25

For the next two and half weeks, things went very smoothly. I only stayed at the apartment one night during the whole time, and that was because Dinah said that she was probably going to work most of the night. I knew if I stayed there, I would wake her in the morning when I got up to run and go to work. When she didn't get to bed to late, I also got her up to run. She began to get better. She was not as fast as I was, but you could see steady improvements.

While inspecting the vehicles that were to be taken to auction, one of the mini vans, driven by an older driver, appeared to be in pretty good shape. I pulled it aside, deciding that I was going to purchase it for myself. My car, although being my baby, did only get about five miles per gallon. Gas money was really starting to dig deep in my pockets.

Later that night when I saw Joe coming in, I brought him into my office explaining what I wanted. I had told him, if he wanted to make some extra cash, on his days off, or just come in early, and fix up the old van. I would pay him for doing it for me, all he needed to do, was leave me a list of parts that he needed and I would purchase them out of my own pocket. I told him also I wanted it painted, and if he knew someone that could do a good job. Nodding his head, he just looked at me and smiled.

I came home one evening, and after walking into the kitchen, a woman was sitting there with Dinah. I really had no idea who this woman was, and immediately started conjuring up all kinds of wild thoughts, she was dumping me, an old girlfriend came back to claim my Dinah.

Dinah stood... "Ariana, I want you to meet my wife, this is Lauren." Turning, I gave Dinah my biggest smile, knowing she was going to get a lot more later.

I stuck out my hand to shake her hand, standing; she took my hand giving me a firm shake. Looking around I said, "Dinah may be my man of the house, but lacks in any real manners,

"Can I get you something to drink, some sweet tea or juice?" Looking over I could see Dinah rolling her eyes.

"Some sweet tea would be good." Starting to sit back down.

"Lo, the same thing that happened to you, has also happened to Ariana. Ariana, as I had told you earlier, the two women you described, did the same thing to Lauren. If you would, why don't you tell her what happened to you."

Holding up my hand, as if telling her not to speak.

"Ariana. I know how you must feel, being there myself. You don't have to say anything, Dinah can tell me later without embarrassing yourself in front of me."

"No, that is alright. I'm starting to learn, by talking about it, I really am starting to learn how to deal with it. If it's ok with you, I would like to tell you." Letting her head drop a little.

"Only if you're sure, take your time and tell me."

For the next half hour, Ariana related to the both of us the events she went through for the entire weekend. Her first night was a lot like what I had experienced, but on the following day, things did seem to get a little worse, the humiliation and torture they had put her through.
********************************