Chapter 22

A/N I personally think Lauren just loves fucking me up I mean just look at her. she is just so rude I swear sigh.
******************************************

    Once in the mall, going from store to store, looking at clothes, even trying some on, testing our likes and dislikes. We were having so much fun teasing one another, and talking about the other people we saw in the stores, we actually forgot about the movie. In a couple of the smaller boutiques, we did try on a few clothes, and in one sport shop I did buy a few new sports bra's, liking the way Dinah's felt when I wore hers.

While in the kitchen and appliance section in one of the stores, Dinah made a comment how nice it would be to have a newer modern stove in our kitchen. I had said that it really would be nice but had to turn away. When she mentioned 'our' home I had to bite my lip, trying to keep my composure. I did however, reach over and take her hand giving it a little squeeze not caring who saw me doing it.

With all of our playful antics, it was soon almost three thirty. We were sitting in the food court, quenching our thirst with a smoothie.

"We have three things that we need to do before we go home." Saying this while I put my hand on top of hers.

"Oh yeah. And what might they be?" Arching her eyebrows at me.

"We need to eat, I need to go into the shop, and we also need to buy some groceries before going home."

"So do you want to go and get something to eat, then go into your shop?" Taking a sip of her smoothie.

"No, let's go to the shop, let me check things out, then get something to eat, that way when we go and get groceries, it would be with full stomach's keeping us from buying everything we see."

"That sounds like a plan, if you're ready, let's go." Taking my hand in hers.

We walked back through the mall, hand in hand. I saw a few people look at us with maybe a little disgust in their eyes, but I would really say that we did get a lot more smiles and winks from others that passed us.

It took us probably thirty-five minutes to make the drive to the shop. I didn't talk much, just sitting back and enjoying the scenery and relaxing.

Once at the shop, I got out, dragging Dinah with me. She really didn't want to actually go in, but I made her do it anyway. Once inside, we had met Joe, my swing shift lead mechanic. He was an older black man, as sweet as you would want to meet. When I first started, he kept referring to me as 'Missy Lauren'. When I tried to get him to just call me Laur, he would just smile and walk away. I soon gave up on changing him. Most everyone else just referred to me as Gunny, knowing I just mustard out of the Marines. After I made the introductions, I took her into my office.

I had told her that he likes working the swing shift on Sundays, giving his wife a chance to be with her folks and not having to drag him along. He said all they wanted to do was sit and gossip about the neighbors.

After checking the repair list, I checking what cars needed major repairs, and if there were enough cars to cover those that were out of order. I also did a quick search of inventory to make sure we had the parts on hand to fix the cars, if not I could order them online to be delivered first thing in the morning without causing too much of a delay. Having done all this, I turned out the lights, asking Dinah if she would like a nickel tour of the place. Grinning and nodding her head I took her around, stopping every now and then to introduce her to some of the people working here.

I had one female working in the shop as a tire changer. She was what I called a perfect ninety six. Thirty two, thirty two, thirty two, strong as an ox and as tough as nails. She had always ignored me, probably referring to me as just another pansy sissy, but when she saw me dragging Dinah around by the hand, I believe I saw something a little different in her eyes. I had never paid that much attention to her, since she was always flirting with the guys, but now seeing a faint smile I thought that maybe she was maybe a little bi also.