CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: Two Minds

Small little chapter, but hey-- you guys got three chapters today xD

------------------------------

YOUR POV:

Lucas escorted us out the shelter, my eyes were blinded by red and blue flashes.I raise my hand to shield my eyes. voices were overlapping each other-- making it hard to listen to myself think. Everyone was standing around-- wondering what is going to happen now.

Once we were away from the building, about four officers in heavy duty gear went inside. Lucas tugged on my shoulder, his arm around me keeping me close to him.

(Tanner)- "Oh thank god.." I hear Tanner's voice close by. He rushes to the two of us.

(Tanner)- "You two all right?" he asked worryingly. My ears tune everything out-- hearing nothing but silence. I have this weird feeling-- where is it coming from? my head turns to see a familiar face, walking this way. I leave tanner and Lucas-- heading straight for Leon Kennedy.

LEON'S POV:

Police sirens, ambulances, this all feels like my past. This is what could've been. my eyes spot her through the massive crowd, she wasn't hard to find. I glance at the state she was in, lost, unaware of what is going on round. I know that look, I know that look better than anyone. my hand reaches for the handle--opening it for me to exit out the vehicle. I shut the car door behind me--not caring if I slammed it too hard.

I head towards the direction she's in, snaking my way past the large crowds. Her eyes quickly found me, her eyes on me-- keeping them locked on. She walks away leaving her partners behind, her hair flowing with the cool wind chill.

we were just a few steps away, her face makes an expression I cannot read. She was close enough at arms length, I reach out and grab her-- pulling her into my chest. her arms went through the open jacket--wrapping her arms around me. My hand rests behind her head, grabbing a fist full of hair-- holding her close to me. Her body was trembling.

I look to the Lieutenant and her partner, Lucas. They glance over to us. The Lieutenant seemed relieved but the expression Lucas gave out was something different.

Cold, Dark, Hatred--maybe.

YOUR POV:

My nose inhales nothing but Leon's scent, I could almost drown myself in it. It was sweet, and inviting. I could hear his heart beating, It was normal and soothing in my ears. My arms felt so much warmth-- I didn't realize my arms went underneath his jacket, wrapping my arms around his body. He's so warm--His hand clenching my hair. It was comforting and I feel safe.

This is What I needed. I close my eyes--letting myself enjoy this a little bit more.

(Leon)- " Let me take you home" he whispered in my ear. I nodded with no hesitation. I looked over to Lucas and Tanner. Tanner gave his okay with a slight head nod and in the look of his eyes. Lucas wasn't giving me anything, glaring his green eyes towards Leon.

(Leon)- "Come on" He releases me, his hand hovering my mid back to guide me to his vehicle.

What the hell is happening?

Leaving the crowded area behind-- finally being able to think. Those guys in there--they were fine last night. I walk over to the passenger side and Leon to the driver side. We simultaneously opened our doors and entered inside. The loud sirens and overlapping voices became muffles when we shut the doors. I stare out the windshield seeing Lucas and Tanner converse-- probably getting on what's happened in there. I looked away and to the gear shift in the center.

(Y/n)- " It's happening again...isn't it?" I asked, I raise my head slightly to get a view of him. He glances at me but says nothing. His lips in a firm line, and inhales air into his lungs. He still wont answer me. He starts the vehicle and reversing it then slowly driving away from the scene. I look to the side mirror, watching everything fade away in the night.