CHAPTER NINE: Savior

LEON'S POV:

(Y/n)- " Leon." she calls my name, but I keep a straight face heading out the door. This is why I'm here, it had to be done. I slightly grit my teeth, clenched jaw--This is my fault. I knew this right from the beginning, and I thought maybe...just maybe. 

My hand reaches out and grab the handle of the door, twisting it open-- there was someone standing there. She was closing in on me-- I pushed passed this person making my way out the door. My eyes darting to the corners to get a view of this person as I passed them. Brown hair, green eyes-- he gives me the same eyes that I'm giving him. He's also watching. I continue walking leaving the home behind me. My pocket continues to ring, my hand reaches answered it quickly and raised it to my hear.

(Leon)- " It's done." I say stern and clear into the device, as I entered the vehicle-- turning on the engine and drive off, leaving her behind.

(Hunnigan)- " Copy that."

(Leon)- " Hunnigan, look into (Y/n)'s work station. Find out about the people she's working with." 

(Hunnigan)- " May I ask why?"

(Leon)- " Just do it."

(Time Skip)

YOUR POV:

My eyes slowly peek open, seeing the oak color wood in my view. Why am I on the floor? My body begins to shiver.What time is it? My head was pounding in the back-- grahh-- I stood up, getting light headed. Whoa-- I got up too fast. The corner of my eyes caught something shuffling on the couch. There sleeping was a brown and black coated german shepherd puppy. At the sight of seeing the puppy-- it triggered my memory of last night, it explains why I was on the floor. It plays in my head, fast forwarding to the part where Leon has left speeding down the street.

That's right.

 I remember now, I cried myself to sleep laying on the floor. I can feel the pinching near the corners of my eyes again, but nothing drips down. I must be out of tears to cry. I stepped closer to the puppy, he immediately wakes up and gives me its brown eyes.

Shit, I don't think I can keep this dog. What was Tanner thinking? I already have a cat. I'll just talk to him later for work. But for now-- I guess he can stay, he can pick up the dog later. If he were to stay...he'll be a constant reminder. 

(Y/n)- " Lets go outside." He seemed to know what outside means. I wouldn't want him inside the house-- messing up my rugs and other furniture.He charges towards the back of the house-- I follow him out. The puppy stops and investigates something laying on the grass. My feet picking themselves up and heads to it-- I know what that is. It was wrapped around my shoulders before it fell onto the ground. I bent over and grabbed onto it--It was his leather jacket, the same one he wore when we went on the mission with Chris and Rebecca. It had its creases but it was still wearable. I hugged it close to my chest, nose buried into the inside fabric. It still smelled like him-- the scent never disappeared. My chest tightens-- its like he's close to me...but he isn't. 

Why? 

Why does he want me to move on from him? What did I do? What did he do? The puppy barks at a bush, lifting his leg and letting his fluid out. At least this dog is potty trained. He starts to rush around the yard-- getting all his energy out. What am I going to do with a dog? I can't go to work leaving it here with Cyrano. I head back towards the house--fingers clenching to the leather jacket. Once the two of us were inside-- Cyrano came from the bottom step. He was aware that there was another animal in the house. The puppy approaches Cyrano and greets him but rubbing himself on the tiny cat. Okay--- good start. Please be nice to each other.