CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT: Is It A Good Thing....

The background music was still playing 80's, not that I'm complaining

The background music was still playing 80's, not that I'm complaining. It would have been a sight to see everyone here dressed as pop icons. I take my glass and take another sip-- the glass was half gone, I might wanna take it slow from here. Feeling eyes on me, I look to Lucas who was gazing towards me. Feeling heat rush to my cheeks. 

(Y/n)-" Will you stop" I say chuckling. 

(Lucas)- "No, I don't think I will" His smile curls wide. I break away from his green eyes-- I spot Tanner and his girlfriend, Vanessa. Tanner spots me as well and waves for me to come over. 

(Y/n)- "I'm gonna go say hi to Tanner. I'll be right back" 

(Lucas)- "I'll go with you." I nodded. We break away from the bar-- leaving my drink behind. I don't think I'll be drinking the rest of the night. He walks beside me-- feeling his tux jacket brush my upper arm. I feel like a five- pound weight has been lifted off my shoulder, this little fight with Lucas was childish but I'm glad to have my partner back. Feeling my heart sink-- My fear of tripping in my heels has come true. They stumble to my left side-- falling onto Lucas's right arm. His arm snakes its way around my waist to keep me balanced. 

(Lucas)- "I got you" he grins. I peel away from him and adjust my dress and my feet. 

(Y/n)- "Thanks" Oh god-- I should just change out of these already. We continue to head over to Tanner and Vanessa, they were both really well dressed. Tanner in a tux was something I had already seen.  Vanessa was in beautiful shade of red, not to bright but also not to dark. 

(Tanner)- "(Y/n), Lucas, hey!" he excitedly greeted. 

(Y/n)- "Hey, good to see you" I say to them, hugging Tanner than Vanessa. 

(Vanessa)- " You look stunning" she complimented. 

(Y/n)- "Thank you, you as well" she mouths, Thank you. 

(Tanner)-" You guys came here together?" he asked, reaching to Vanessa and pulling her to his side. 

(Lucas)- "No, we came separately." 

(Y/n)- "Yeah." My head lifts at the music change in the background.

(Tanner)- "I thought you two were--" he points to each of us with his index finger with a confused look.

(Y/n)- "No. uh...its complicated" I mumbled, but I don't think they heard me over the music. Tanner's head slightly tilts, I don't think anyone but me caught it. 

(Tanner)- "(Y/n), would you like to dance?" he releases his hold to Vanessa, she didn't seem bothered by it at all. 

(Y/n)- "You know I hate dancing" 

(Tanner)- "Yeah but that doesn't stop you, come on." He steps forward toward me-- extending his arm out for me to take. Heels tapping slowly approaching-- turning my head to the left of Lucas, there standing a few steps away was Brooke. She looked to me and Lucas with sadness written all over her.