CHAPTER THIRTY THREE: Dancing With Myself (Part 2)

I Know It's been a while, Sorry-- been really busy.

But-- Since I'm in the mood to type today..

Maybe I'll post multiple.

Enjoy xD

-----------------------------------

I sit alone in the break room eating nothing but crackers--lightly salted. I've been keeping to myself all afternoon, not speaking to Lucas, Niko, Tanner-- everyone. It's not like I'm mad at anyone, no, I just need a place to hear my thoughts for a while. 

Leon.He said I could ask any question. I just wondered if I asked the right ones. What sample could he be after? 

My hand reaches for my water bottle-- bring it up to my lips. I lean back, gulping down good amounts. I cap the bottle-- setting it aside, my fingers grab a piece of saltine crackers and I toss it into my open mouth. As I munch on the cracker, feeling it turn into mush-- I swallow it down giving my stomach something to digest. 

Damn it, I can't remember what that mission was. All I can remember is that I lead him into an ambush-- almost getting him killed--Pulled a risky move. In the end the mission was successful-- when the helicopter picked him up safely, I was at ease. Ugh-- but those guilty, my fault, feelings are clinging to my body just reminding myself about it. I place my elbows on the table, resting my chin on the end of my right palm. 

I swear, Leon is just playing with me-- is there really danger going on? What about the attack at the homeless shelter? Lucas and I were both attacked, could it involve Leon's mission?

This is driving me into madness.

(Niko)- "Hey, surprised to see you eating alone" His voice came from around the corner-- breaking my train of thought. 

(Y/n)- "I needed a place to think" I say with a shrug and a small smile to my face. Niko takes his fast food meal, setting it on the table-- making himself comfortable on the chair across from me. 

(Niko)- "So...you followed your boy last night?" My head jerked back,eyebrows raised. 

(Y/n)- " Leon's not my boy" Even though I wish for him to be near my side, permanently. But I know that's just a dream of mine for him to stay in one place.

(Niko)- "Riiiighht. So what happened?" he takes out his burger, fries out of the brown paper bag--setting it in a way to eat it. The smell of his food-- making my stomach jealous. I can't tell Niko what happened, it'll raise red flags-- but I need to talk to someone about this. Morgan is dealing with things, Lucas is part of it-- so that's a no,  Ashley-- but I know she's going to give me shit about the whole situation.

(Y/n)- "Uhmm...well he knew I was following him..." I still wonder how he knew-- or did Ada find out before him?

(Niko)- "Shit, he's gotta be an ex marine or something" That or something, is a government agent, Niko. You were close.

(Y/n)- "Yeah-- probably. I don't know." I shrug pretending to not know. 

(Niko)- "Okay-- so he found out, what next?" taking a bite of his burger, while chewing-- he takes two fries and scoops up ketchup with them. He tosses them into his mouth-- his eyes look around for a drink--- realizing he didn't come in with one. He throws his hand up then shrugs continuing to eat his meal. 

(Y/n)-"We went to get drinks. Shots .

(Niko)- "You're terrible with shots" I'm pretty sure I'm terrible at everything.