CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Beautiful Pain

(Time Skip)

My hand clentches the door knob and push in, warmth surrounds me-- my forhead felt a drop of sweat fall. I'm heating up-- not uncomfortable heat--more like nervous or angry kind of heat. Why now? Three months and why now does he decide to show up? Once we were standing in the living room, I unzip the raincoat to escape the heat trapped inside. I couldn't help but glance at the corner of my eye, seeing him remove his coat as well. He was dressed in a black thermal t-shirt with the sleeves rolled to his mid forearms and a few buttons undone, dark jeans and boots-- his normal attire. It still amazes me seeing how fit and good he dresses. I guess running around facing monstrous enemies you have to be fit and quick on your feet. His bangs hang low giving him a stunning look to top it off, I couldn't blink-- my eyes didn't want to take sight off this man. 

Major heard us rustling downstairs, his nails tapping all over the wood floors. There he was coming down the stairs--he seemed too excited and completely skips me and lifts his paws onto Leon's thighs.He pets him between his floppy ears, Major's tongue licking his palms.

(Leon)- "You're a dog owner" he spoke clear.

(Y/n)- "Yeah....but you probably knew that already." He tilts his head and chuckles in his throat. His little chuckle made me slightly annoyed and comfortable at the same time. My stomach pain continues to hurt--feeling like my body is losing energy. I ignore it and focus on him. The anger feeling of seeing him is still lingering around me-- I slowly approach him--one step more and I would be face first into his chest. With quick action-- my right fist swings about to hit him-- but he caught my fist in his hands. I gasp at his quick reaction-- I tug my closed fist he has in his hands, he had a firm grip on it. 

(Leon)- "I can see your upset with me" he spoke lightly keeping his sights on me 

(Y/n)- "What gave you that Idea?" I say with attitude. I eye our hands-- he still has my fist in his grasp, I tried to retrieve it back but he wouldn't let go. 

(Y/n)-"Can I have my hand back?"

(Leon)- "Depends, Are you gonna do it again?" I might, I really want to hit him--- but I also don't. I nodded as my answer.

(Leon)- " Okay..." he releases my hand slowly. I quickly swing my left and he caught it too! He smirks and tilts his head. Does he find this amusing? My stomach was in knots-- I don't know if its from hunger or from this vibe I'm getting off of him. The warmth of his hand felt comforting-- but this doesn't make any sense! Why is he back? He's said he was leaving-- for good this time. My brows frown-- feeling anger-- coming back.

(Leon)- " If I let you take a hit at me would that make you feel better?" Is he playing around with me now? My mouth stays shut. Maybe hitting him once could make me feel a little better, but there's no point if he's just going to let me. His grip lessens and I take back my hand resting at my side. He continues to give me his blue eyes-- eyes that I know all too well. I eye almost every detail on his face-- his stubble was just growing in, light bags under his eyes...has he not been getting any sleep? My eyes start blinking--I've been gazing too long. Is he waiting for me to speak? What should be the first thing I say? Welcome back, when are you going to disappear again? 

(Y/n)- " I'm going to ask a simple question, what are you doing here?" his movement stay the same, nothing twitches. His lips show no sign of opening up to me. My hand feels this tingling--almost painful like, throbbing.

(Y/n)-"Leon." he still makes no movement when I say his name. 

(Y/n)- "Are you not going to tell me anything?" I can hear the anger in my voice now. His lip twitched slightly. I scoff-- he isn't going to answer to anything. I slap my thighs in annoyance and retreat to head up the stairs. I made it barely one step-- coming to a stop, hand on the railing. No. I can't let him win this little quiet game of his. I quickly turn around-- hair whipping around.

(Y/n)- "You owe me an explanation." 

(Leon)- "I've already said too much"

(Y/n)- " All you said was that you're 'Breaking orders' "

(Leon)- "That's all I can tell you." The anger flowing through me-- making me get dangerously close to him-- giving a slight gap between us.

(Y/n)- " I can't keep going through this, Leon." I say through my teeth-- is this another crack of the bottle of my feelings Inside me? His eyes narrow on me. His right hand slowly lifts, his index and middle finger extend out and he lightly presses them slightly above me chest--over my heart. It was beating fast--feeling my hands slightly shake, does he feel my heart racing at his fingertips? 

(Leon)- "You shouldn't have let me in there" he says softly. He takes back his fingers and rests at his sides. I don't know how to react to that-- or what to say. It's not my fault I'd let him into my life--not all of it..He also is at fault. I took a step back and walked further to the living room couches. I take some of the decorative pillows and lay them to the left of the couch to create a comfy makeshift bed. I sat down removing my shoes off one by one.

(Y/n)- "I'll stay here--until you start talking and tell me whats going on." Once my shoes were removed, I pat down on the pillows and lay my head-- shifting around to find a comfy spot. I hear his footsteps moving, he comes over to the other couch and sits.He leans forward propping his elbows on his knees. Turn my back against him. How can I sleep now that he's watching me from behind. My mind is spinning-- I can't focus on anything-- hearing too many thoughts. I can hear him sighing deeply. Hearing Major's collar, he must've jumped into Leon's lap and rest there. I bring in my knees becoming a ball on the couch. 

I force my eyes shut-- covering my ears to try to block my own thoughts. 

Sleep, sleep, sleep....