(12)The girl in the attic

The girl in the attic 

Chapter 12 

Preston's POV 

When they were done with their little argument Devin started packing up his things while the girls started loading theirs in the car. 

"What's going on dude?" Devin asked looking really irritated. 

"Exactly what Becky told you," I replied shrugging my shoulders. 

"So you're dumping that hot piece of ass because of some mystery girl you've met a few days ago." Devin stated but it was more of a question. 

"Yea," I replied and it wasn't a complete lie. I'm sure I would have dumped Sarah soon anyway and even if I did hook up with Becky afterwards it wouldn't have lasted. The reason I did it now is because I had much more important things to worry about like Katie. The part I told them about it being love at first sight was obviously a load of rubbish but I knew that was the easiest way to get rid of them. I'm not in love with the mystery girl but for some reason I feel the need to help her and that is definitely a first for me so it had to mean something, I'm just not sure what and was actually horrified of finding out. 

"I don't get it, this is not like you man," Devin said shaking his head. 

"I know," I replied honestly. 

Devin was still furious when they left but I'm sure he'll get over it, he never stays angry for too long. He made me promise to tell him the whole story the next time we phone or email each other claiming that I wasn't telling him everything. I agreed reluctantly but knew he wouldn't leave until I did. There was no way I could ever tell him everything, I didn't even know the whole story myself. 

About forty five minutes had passed since I dumped Sarah and I was relieved when they were finally gone. I was really worried about leaving Katie alone since she always manages to disappear on me. I ran inside and found myself face to face with my aunt and uncle. Oh crap. 

"What's all the racket about?" My aunt asked sounding like she was about to start freaking out on me. I really didn't need this right now. 

"I asked them to leave," I answered hoping that my answer would satisfy them but knowing it won't. 

"But they just got here, what's going on?" My uncle questioned placing his hands on my aunt's shoulder to calm her. 

"Ok, I got into a fight with Sarah, our relationship hasn't been doing to good for a while now so I dumped her. She got really angry and demanded that Devin take her and Becky home immediately," I answered telling as much of the truth as I could. 

"Good, I didn't like the looks of them, kids of today is nothing but trouble," My aunt said tilting her nose up and walking back to their room. My uncle watched her as she walked away and then turned his attention back to me. 

"I know your young and you have friends Preston but this can't happen again, if you want to see your friends you'll have to go and visit them, they are not allowed here. Julie agreed that you could live here because she felt that she owed that to her sister but I don't want you causing any trouble for us or I will happily phone you parents and tell them to come fetch you," he said looking at me with cold eyes.