Chapter 34

After the crew stole the gold from the island, and escaped the island on the Merry, the crew began to relax as they sail the white seas towards the exit at the east end.

Rose grins in satisfaction of the arc finally reaching its completion as she jumps off the crow's nest and cushions her fall with a gust of wind. Once her feet touch the deck, she sees that Conis and her father are catching up to them on a small crow boat.

Nami grins at the guests as she waves over to them. "Hey, what are you doing?"

"We came to see you off, and help you go down to the blue sea safely." Conis says as her dad pilots the ship, so that they're sailing right next to them.

Robin walks up to the railing and looks over their companions curiously. "How can you help us?"

"You'll find out right now. We're almost at the exit." Conis points ahead to show that she's right, for they're going to be approaching a large, majestic gate that says 'Cloud End' at the top.

Zoro raises an eyebrow at the seemingly easy exit. "So this path just takes us down?"

Conis nods as her boat stops moving. "This is as far as we can go. Good luck!"

"Thanks for all your help!" Nami says as she waves them off.

"Until we meet again!" Sanji says as he waves at them with the others.

Pagaya sees that the crew's sails are open and calls out to them. "I'M SORRY, BUT YOU SHOULD CLOSE YOUR SAILS!"

"THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!" Rose yells back as she flies up to close the sails.

"We should put the gold away too!" Chopper says as he goes into heavy point to carry some of the gold inside while Zoro and Luffy help him take in the rest.

As the wind girl finishes tying up the sails, she sees what's ahead just as the crew is about to pass the gate. When she remembers what's about to come, she chuckles to herself as she sits in the crow's nest and grabs onto the edge. "You guys might want to hang onto something!"

The others stare up at the cautious seventeen year old in confusion, just when the guys come back outside, before they all look ahead to find that they're about to fall off the edge of the cloud.

Every last one of them, except for Robin and Rose, drop their jaws in horror of the sight of the world below them just before they free fall to the blue sea.

Conis giggles at the terrified shrieks from most of the pirates as she grabs a whistle. "Time to help out, balloon octopus!"

She blows the whistle so loud that it can be heard throughout the depths of the white sea. Once the shrill sound was finished, a giant pink and purple octopus jumps out of the water, just above the ship.

Nami, Usopp, and Chopper scream in fright of the sea creature while the others, except for Rose, get ready for a fight. However, before they could do anything, they collapse on their faces because the ship's falling slowed down exponentially.

Rose chuckles at the catch from her spot in the crow's nest, as she lifts her head to find that the giant octopus caught them and is using its body like a parachute by gathering enough air to give the Merry a gentle descent.

Knowing that they're safe, she allows herself a moment to relax and take in the breathtaking view of the world around them from their place in the clear afternoon sky. "I freaking love this place..."

Luffy laughs at the catch as he looks at all the giant tentacles that are holding onto the ship. "This is so awesome!"

"I'll be damned." Sanji says as he grabs his cigarette and lights it up before he heads to the kitchen to walk about the gold.