Love at First Fight [An Arranged Marriage] 17

Nicole, Andrea, and Raelynn all looked at me wide-eyed.  After they got a grip on themselves, Andrea was fidgeting with her fingers like she was debating with herself to tell me or not.  Nicole and Raelynn were looking at Andrea.   She messed with her hands a little while longer then finally looked up at me.  “Karli… I don’t know…”  she sighed.  I couldn’t blame her, she was just protecting Jason.

     “Andrea, please?  I just want to know what happened… I just.  I want to assure Jason that I wouldn’t do anything to him,” I said slowly.  She just stared at me, almost pleading me not to make her answer.  “I want to know,” I said.  She broke down.  “Fine!!”  I smiled to myself and listened to Andrea.

     “Ok.  About 2 ½ years ago, Jason met this girl- I’m not giving you names or appearance-  and he fell for her within an hour of knowing her.  It was at the mall where he saw her.  Apparently she was new here.  Karli, to be honest she was exactly like you.  Pretty, nice, athletic… but the difference is she was faking it.  None of us really liked her.  So when they hooked up, we weren’t happy.  It had only been 6 months when Jason told us he was in love with her and was… was going to… propose to her!  We tried to talk him out of it but… it didn’t work.  When he got enough money to get the ring he went to her dorm to… you know.  What he found wasn’t pretty.  He was so excited he forgot to knock so when he opened the door he found her in bed with another guy… Jason was too shocked to even be angry.  Karli, she broke his heart.  Later on we found out she was cheating on him with 3 guys, not 1.  I don’t even know if they ever… did it.  She moved away like 2 weeks after that and we haven’t seen her since.  Jason went into a depression for a long time.  I think… I think he still loves her…”

     It was after she said propose when my mouth dropped.  It still hasn’t moved.  I was in total shock.  How could this happen to him?  Why would she do that?  Why didn’t he notice sooner?  All these questions were floating around in my head.  It was a good minute after Andrea finished that I closed my mouth and stood up.  “I… I need some water. Please,” I said to no one in particular.  

     Nicole sprang up and went to the mini fridge.  She gave me a water bottle and I gulped it down.  That helped me think a little better.  I didn’t feel sad as much as I felt pity.  If it were me in that situation…

     I looked at the girls.  They were studying me carefully.   “What… What was her name?” I asked.  Andrea shook her head violently.  “No way hun.  I’m already in enough trouble as it is.  If you want to know that, your going to have to ask Jason.”  I sighed.  She was right.

     “Andrea, how can I show him I’m not like that?  How can I show him I’m not like that?  How can I show him I wouldn’t do that?,” I asked.

     Now she smiled.  “I think he already knows,” was all she said.  I sorta half-smiled and gave her a hug.  “Well, thanks for telling me.”  She nodded her head and then smiled.

     “Movie time!!”