Love at First Fight [An Arranged Marriage] 5

Jason POV

I woke up the next morning at 7:00 and took a shower. I have a small headache as well.

I thought about Karli. She was a lot prettier than what I thought she would be when my parents told me I was to marry her. I was outraged with this arrangement. I still am. Karli seems to be really nice though. And we have a lot in common. Then I thought about last night. My headache suddenly got worse.

I don't know what came over me. The last thing I remember her saying she had a good time, but after that, nothing. Not until she said my name did I realize how close I was to her. I can't get attached. I can't trust her. Not yet. Not after what Melanie did to me.

I got out of the shower and got dressed. I wasn't hungry yet so I laid on my bed, listening to my ipod. About an hour later my stomach growled so I decided to go ahead downstairs to eat.

"Morning Jay, what you want to eat?" Mike asked me once I reached the kitchen. "Hey Mike, I'll have the usual."

"Comin right up."

I sat down at the booth and waited. Mike came up to me minutes later with a cheese omelet. I thanked him and he went back to making food for my parents.

10 minutes later Karli comes into the kitchen. My mind was spinning. What should I do? Surely she ask about last night.

She sat down next to me once she got her breakfast. "Good morning," Karli said to me. "Hey." Then there was silence. I was starting to get uncomfortable. I can't stay in here much longer. "Uhh, I gotta go....... somewhere," Isaid to her and got up. Before I went out of the room, I heard Karli sigh.

Karli's POV

I watched Jason leave the kitchen. I let let out a frustrated sigh and waited for my food. Mike came to me and gave me a plate of eggs and bacon. "Thank you Mike."

"If I may ask Miss Tucker, What's wrong? You look bothered."

"No, no. Not bothered. Just a bit confused."

"Tell me about it."

I told Mike about Jason and what happened last night. And about him avoiding me. "Well, it's not my place to tell you the reason for his actions, but I can tell you to not take it personally. Jay's been through some tough shit and he just doesn't want to get hurt."

I nodded in understanding and he left. The truth is now I'm even more confused.

What was he talking about? What happened to Jason that was so horrible? And how would I make him relive his grief?

I finished eating and went to find Jason. I looked in the game room, TV room, gym, computer room, even his bedroom! I couldn't find him anywhere. This house is too big. I was just about to give up when I heard something. It sounded like..... music! Of course!

I walked down the hall until I was in front of the music room door. I pressed my ear to the door. He was playing the guitar and I could faintly hear him singing. As quietly as I could, I opened the door and slipped in.

Jason's back was turned to me so he didn't see me come in. I didn't reconize the song he was playing but it sounded good. Not that bad of a singer.

I started clapping the way he did to me and he stopped immediately. He turned around and when he saw me he went a little pink. I smiled. "Not bad, not bad," I said in a teasing voice. " Yeah.... how much of that did you hear?," he asked, rubbing the back of his neck. "Not much... but enough!" I laughed. He laughed too and motioned me to sit. After I got comfortable on the stage, I turned to Jason waiting for him for speak.

"Umm, I wanted to apologize for before.... I-I was just ... n-not r-r-ready to talk to you about l-last night." He stuttered. I smiled at him and he looked at me confused.

"It's okay, I understand. And to be honest, I was going to ask you about it this morning. I mean... you sort of caught me off guard." Jason's face fell a little and I saw regret in his eyes. I put my hand on his arm and he looked up at me questionably.

"Don't worry about it. And I'm not going to force you to tell me about it until you are willing to to." I said seriously. He looked into my eyes and saw I wasn't lying.

What he did next made my heart skip a beat. He leaned towards me and kissed me. Right then and there. Omg! He is kissing me..... he's KISSING me!

He pulled away 5 seconds later. "Thanks," he said smiling at me. I smiled back and got up. "Wanna rock out?"

"You know it!!"

I laughed and grabbed an electric guitar of the wall.