Love at First Fight [An Arranged Marriage] 19

Okay, so I have no idea why I thought I was up to where I actually wrote on here, but I'm not hahaha.  My bad!  I'm still not writing this story as of now, but this is stuff that was written forever ago and I guess I forgot to post!  I will post 2 chapters for the inconvience 

Well, here you go!

Karli’s POV

“Karli…. Karli… KARLI!,” someone shouted in my ear. I almost screamed from the closeness of the voice. I sat up immediately and wide-eyed, turned to see who had scared me awake. Andrea was smiling at me apologetically. “Sorry, you wouldn’t wake up. I was shaking you and everything!” she said. I noticed I was holding my breath and quickly blew out. I nodded at her and rubbed at my eyes to get the dust out.

“What time is it?” I asked groggily. I sat up further, then stood up fully from my makeshift bed on the ground.I didn’t wait for Andrea’s reply as I looked at the clock on the wall opposite of me. It was almost eight in the morning. I groaned. I heard Andrea laugh. “The rest of us have been up for a while now. We would have let you sleep longer but the guys just called and they want to meet up. So get your butt ready!”

That woke me up instantly. I had been up half the night thinking about what Andrea had told me. And now we were going to meet them… I hope I don’t give anything away. I’m glad that I know but I don’t want Jason to know that I know what that girl did… at least not yet.

I grabbed my night bag and headed to the bathroom to change. I brushed my teeth and brushed out my hair too before I left the room and joined the others in the kitchen. Nicole and Andrea were sitting at the table sharing some grapes and Raelynn was washing something in the sink. I smiled and said good morning as I went to sit at the table. Andrea offered some grapes and I took them slowly, still a little tired. We talked for a little bit while we waited for what I’m guessing was a phone call telling us where to go. At 8: 30 I heard a phone ring. Raelynn pulled out her cell and flipped it open. She cheerily said “Hey Nick” into the phone, confirming my guess. They exchanged a couple sentences and then Nicole snapped the phone shut.

“We are going to meet at the park,” she told us. I nodded and got up to put on some make-up before we left.After some eyeliner was applied I was ready to go so we all headed out to Raelynn’s car since it had the most room. I got in the back with Andrea and Nicole got in the passenger seat. It didn’t take long to get to wherever the park was.

When we got out I looked around. I couldn’t see Jason anywhere so I guess we beat them. But I decided to ask anyways. “Are they not here yet?,” I asked Raelynn. She shook her head. “Nope. Nick said they were going to stop somewhere and eat first. So I think maybe another 10 minutes and they will be here.” I nodded at her and turned back to face the park again. I was relieved somewhat with her answer but anxious too. We headed to one of the stone tables to wait. Rae had some cards in here car so we played Uno. I had only won once and was about to win again if the game let me. “Uno!” I said, smiling. The others groaned a little bit, now discussing how to keep me from winning. But it didn’t matter what they did since my last card was a wild. I was just about to put it down when warm hands covered my eyes and a familiar voice whispered “Guess who?” into my ear.

I smiled and without removing Jason’s hands turned my head to the side his voice came from to find his lips eager to answer my request. He moved his hands to rest on either side of my face and not letting me escape for another half a minute. When he pulled back he was smiling widely and then turned to the girls. “I have to thank you,” he said, “for what you did with my girl here.” He turned back to my questioning gaze and smiled even wider. “I got your picture last night. You looked beautiful Karli.” My face immediately rearranged into understanding and my face started to heat up. He kissed me one more time then sat down.