Love at First Fight [An Arranged Marriage] 2

Karli's POV

I have just finished packing my stuff to go to California. I still can't believe this is happening to me! I put my suitcase against the wall and walked to my bathroom. I rummaged through the drawers untils I found what I was looking for. My necklace. It is a silver heart, well half a heart, with my name ingraved in it and a single rhinstone at the top. Josie's is the exact same as mine and is the other half to the heart.

I could feel the tears coming, begging to pour out. I wouldn't let them. I would not cry, crying is a sign of weakness. I look at myself in the mirror. My strawberry blonde hair was down, some stuck to my face. My green eyes had a mix of fear and sadness in them. They were red and puffy from my crying earlier too. My skin a cream color; not pale but not tan either with a few minor blemishes. As I look at myself all I can think is how pitiful I look. There is no way this Jason guy is going to like me! Nontheless, marry me. Ugh! I look horrible!

I go downstairs to find the Hunts' ready to go. "Are you to leave sweetie?" Mrs. Hunt asks as I come down the stairs. " Umm, one sec." I go over to Josie and we trade our necklaces. " We'll trade them back when I come for you." Josie nodded slightly and we had one last hug. I looked over at Karen and David. Karen spoke. " Goodbye Karli, we love you." That got me angry. I glared at her. " The only thing you love is money." I said through gritted teeth. She looked at me, shocked I would say such a thing. She opened her mouth to say something but I walked out the door before she could reply.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Karli....Karli wake up, were here." I heard a voice say. I slowly opened my eyes and graoned from the bright sunlight. We had taken a 2 hour plane ride to California and drove to thier house in a limo. I rubbed my eyes a little bit and got out of the car. In front of me was a huge house. It was beautiful. The house was a dark yellow and had a stucko texture on it. On each side of the front door were rose bushes. I starred in awe before I was snapped out of my trance from a hand bieng waved in my face.

"You like it?" Mr. Hunt asked me. Umm.... YEAH! " It's beautiful! I love it" I replied smiling widely. He smiled and I smiled even wider, if that was possible. He gave out a laugh. " Then you'll love the inside," he said, bringing my bags to the door. I followed him inside the house to what looked like the living room. It was definately big enough! The walls were a light red with white trim and furniture. It was lovely.

" Follow me" Mr. Hunt said and started up the stairs. The stairway went on forever! Once to the top, we made a left and stood infront of a door. He turned the knob to reveal a bedroom. Once I went inside I gave a gasp. It was huge! Twice, maybe three times the size of my old room. The walls were light green with a maroon trim. It included a queen-sized bed, a couch, tv, and shelfs for movies and books. On the right wall, there were two maroon doors. Most likely a bathroom and closet. Mr. Hunt layed my stuff on the bed and turned to face me. " This is an amazing room! Thank you so much sir!" I said, running over to him and giving him a big hug. He tensed at my sudden action but relaxed just as quickly. " Your welcome" he said smiling down at me," Well, I'll let you get settled in and come get you for dinner." I nodded and he left the room.

I spent the next half hour putting my things away and exploring the new room. There was a window over my bed. I went to it to look outside. My room must be at the back of the house because below was a garden. It was an extremly large garden as a matter of fact. I wonder if I can go into it tomorrow.

10 minutes later there was a knock on my door and Mrs. Hunt came in. " Hello Mrs. Hunt." She smiled," Dear, please call me Charlie, Mrs. Hunt makes me feel old!" I laughed and nodded. She actually didn't look that old at all. Maybe early thirtes. "Anyways, dinner is almost ready so change your clothes and come downstairs." I nooded once more and she left. I went to my closet to find something to wear. I settled on a pair of denim capri's and a light blue sweater with a black tank top underneath. I put a single black-beaded necklace and hoop earrings on with some black flip-flops. After I reapplied some makeup, I went downstairs to find Charlie standing at the bottom.

" Were you waiting for me?" I asked her. " Yes I was. I was afraid you would get lost." Wow, Charlie is really nice, and is right. I had no clue where the dining room was. I smiled at her kindness towards me. She lead me through the living room and turned to the right down another hallway. We stopped at a door half way down and went inside. There, was a long table with three people at it. Charlie took a seat on her husband's right, who was at the head of the table. On his left, was a girl around my age and a boy next to Charlie. I sat next to the girl. She had long black hair and the same color eyes as Mr. Hunt. Her skin was tan and flawless; smiling at me with full lips. " Hi, I'm Kimber." she said offering me her hand. I took it and gave a slight shake. " Umm... Hi, I'm Karli" I informed her, giving a slight smile. She nodded and said," Yeah, I know who you are, your marring my brother." She pointed in the direction of where the boy was sitting. I looked at him closely. He had dark brown hair that was as thick as his fathers. He had amazingly bright hazel green eyes that went perfectly with his pale skin. So this is my fiance. Three words... oh. my. gawd! He is hot! He wasn't looking my way so he didn't see me staring at him. Kimber on the other hand, noticed my shocked face right away and giggled.

A woman came through the door with food in her hands. She put them on the table and then brought a pitcher of water over to fill our glasses. Once she was done she left the room. " So Karli, did you you get settled in?" I heard Mr. Hunt say. I looked his way and smiled. " Yes I did. Thank you." I noticed at the sound of my name, the boy looked up at me. Mr. Hunt nodded his head and spoke," Well, I have seen Kimber has already introduced herself to you. She is our daughter and next to Charlie is our son, Jason. He is your fiance." I turned my attention to Jason to find him looking at me as well. " Hi, I'm Karli." I said quickly. He just kept staring at me. I could feel the heat in my cheeks rising. He finally spoke," Jason, but call me Jay." I nodded and we began to eat silently. The whole time, Jason still staring at me. Awkward....

After we were finished eating, I stood up to go back to my room. " Excuse me, I'll go to my room now." I pushed my chair in and started to walk away. " Do you know the way?" Charlie asked.

" Uh, I think..."

" Jason, will you go with Karli so she doesn't get lost?"

Jason nodded and stood up. Only now did I notice what he was wearing. He had on a black button-down shirt and faded blue jeans. He came my way and took my hand. His touch sent a shiver down my spine, but I ignored it and let him lead me. Neither of us talked the whole time. When we got to my door, he let go of my hand. " Thank you" I said quietly. He nodded and walked off. I sighed and went into my room.

I changed my clothes and brushed my teeth, then slide into the bed. It was very comfy. I wonder what Jason thought of me. He seemed nice but not very talkative. At least he's good looking. As soon as ny head hit the pillow I was asleep.