Love at First Fight [An Arranged Marriage] 9

Karli’s POV

“Are we there yet?” I asked desperately.

“Nope, not yet. About 15 minutes.”

Ugh. We are on our way to the school now and we have been in the car for an hour. We left the house around nine this morning but we met up with our friends before we headed to the school. Now all I want is to stand up!

Now, Jason smiled at me, amused. “It’s not that bad! We will be there soon I promise.”

“We better be,” I muttered. He laughed and then it was silent again. I turned up the volume on the radio to find Seether playing. I turned it up louder and started singing along. I looked out the window after the song was over to see a sign that read Johnston High - 5 miles. I sighed, relieved. I couldn’t wait to get out of this car!

About two minutes later we pulled into the driveway and I was out of the car in 3 seconds flat. “Yes! Fresh air!” I shouted and started twirling around, dramatically having an intake of breath. Jason just rolled his eyes at my childish reaction and started getting our stuff out of the trunk.

Two minutes later a red convertible parked beside us and Raelynn and Nick got out of the car. “Hey Karli!” Nick said waving at me. “Hey Nick! Nice to see you again! You too Raelynn.” Raelynn smiled and came over to me and gave me a gentle hug. “You too! How was the ride?” I groaned, “ LONG!” We both laughed and started helping the guys get the stuff out of the car.

Once we were done, Jason went to get a luggage cart. He came back with two and we stacked our stuff on them. “The main office is this way”, Jay said pointing west. We pushed our stuff until we came to a red brick building with a sign in the front indicating it was the office. Nick stayed outside with our bags while Jason, Raelynn and I went in to get our schedules and dorm rooms.

Jason led me to a desk with a woman behind it. She looked up and smiled. “How may I help you today?” Jason pulled me in front of him. “We need our schedules and dorm numbers please. Jason Hunt and this is Karli Tucker, transferred from Illinois.” The woman nodded and went through a stack of papers until she found what she was looking for. She pulled the papers out and gave them to Jason. Then she turned to me and handed me a form. “You will need to fill this out and bring it back first thing tomorrow. And this-” she handed me another paper- “has your schedule and dorm room number on it. The back shows a map of the school. I hope you enjoy your stay here Miss Tucker.” She smiled kindly at me and I smiled back with a nod.

Raelynn was behind us and moved up after we stood aside. “Raelynn Young. And my boyfriend is outside with our luggage, Nick Sommers.” The woman nodded once again and gave Raelynn their paperwork before we left.

We headed toward the dorms next, looking for our rooms. Jason, Raelynn and I were all in the same building but Nick was in the one across from us. We planned to meet in an hour outside our new homes. We went into Building B, where there was a lobby. The furniture was all purple and the walls green. There was also a pingpong table and television. Our rooms were on the third floor so we took the elevator up. My room number was 311, Raelynn’s was 312, right beside me, and Jason was number 317.

When I found mine I got the key out and unlocked the door. I turned the knob and went inside. My eyes opened wide at the room. It was incredible!! The walls were a medium blue, the trim a dark yellow. The bed was queen sized. The ceiling looked like the sky, painted clouds and all! I was speechless.

“You like it?” I turned around to see Jason smiling at me. “I love it! Who did this?” I asked excitedly.

“The school. After you told me your favorite color and I found out myself that you love outdoors, I told the school what to do.” He said with a shrug. At first I just looked at him with awe, then I ran to him and jumped on him in about 3 seconds. “Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!”