Prolouge

Warning: This prologue contains a bit of sexual content

(Jada Monteiro)

   It's January 2nd, 2011. It's a chilly morning in Austin, Texas, a young girl by the name of Jada Monteiro is excitedly wiggling around in the passenger seat of her best friend's car.
  "Are you really this excited to intern at Achievement Hunter?" Ray questions.
  "Yes! I've been wanting to be apart of your little work family for the longest," she answers.
   "Well, don't expect too much. It's just a bunch nerds playing video games," Ray chuckles. The eighteen-year-old had just graduated from high school not too long ago. She always found it fascinating that people can get paid to play video games, she thought it would be a fun environment to be around and who better to help her reach that goal than her dear friend Ray. Jada packed what she could and flew down to Texas. She lives with Ray in his small two bedroom apartment. She doesn't mind though, soon she'll be able to get her own place. Ray's car comes to a stop as he parks. He gets out and Jada stumbles after him.

   "Be careful clumsy," he jokes. "We already have enough of those in the office."
  "Right. I'll try my best." She picked up the pace as she followed Ray closely. Her hair, which was in big curly ringlets, bounced as she walked fast. Once inside she gawks at everything in sight. Jada has the tendency to get distracted easily by things.
  "Jade," Ray calls. "Come on." She runs after him as he disappears behind a door. Inside she sees a man sitting in a seat. He had dark brown hair and many tattoos going across both arms. He looks up at Ray and smiles.
  "Is this her?" he asks.
  "Yeah, this is Jada. Jada this is Geoff, the big boss man," Ray introduces. Jada reaches out to shake his hand. He shakes it then tells her to sit down. She smooths her purple skirt out and starts fidgeting with the sleeve on her dark plum sweater.

(Jada's outfit)

(Jada's outfit)

She's nervous. Jada usually is around older men except for Ray. It's their dominant aura. She loves it but is also terrified of it.
"So what do you see yourself doing in a few years?" Geoff asks.
"Being an organizer or editor," Jada answers. "Here hopefully."
"You'd want to work here?" Geoff asks.
"Yeah, why not? I kind of moved down here for that." Geoff smiles sweetly at the young girl. He sees potential in her. She'd be a great part of the family.
"Alright well, I'll see where we can put you. Follow me." The three walk out of Geoff's office and into a room filled with computers. Geoff points at an empty desk.
"You can sit there across from Michael," he says. "Hey Michael, meet the intern." The man named Michael takes his headset off and turns around in his chair.
"What?" he says. "Who's she?"
"The intern. She'll be sitting across from you," Geoff answers. "Be nice." Jada waves shyly at Michael and he waves back. There was something about him that attracted her to the ginger automatically.