- Chapter 16: Overloaded exitement... -

Hoseok's POV:

On the next day:

Again I started to work in the afternoon. Before I left yesterday our manager caught me and told me, while Mrs. Y/L/N was sleeping, she didn't need me at her side. So it would be enough, if I would watch over her in the afternoon.

Even though I wished to stay at her side the whole day....

I was walking down the hallway. And stopped infront of her door. I knocked. Maybe she would be awake. But I wasn't expecting anything.

"Yes?" A weak voice came from the other side. She was awake! Thanks god.
The door flew open, because I accidently used too much power.

"Mi Jung. You are awake! Thanks god! You know how much you scared me?!" I rushed to her side, covering her hands with my hands.

"Hoseok-ah *cough*cough*, I was just sleeping." She laughed like nothing happened yesterday.
The way she said it, it seemed like a dream for her, nothing more.
But her conditions said something else.

"What happened ?"
"Well...I don't know... I think I just caught a cold or something like that. Another worker took care of me at the weekend. We went outside in the garden. But you know, it was really cold last weekend, so I got ill. That's it, I assume. I mean, it just feels like a cold."

'It definitely wasn't like that. For sure. I can tell you that.' I thought. But it was better to keep it for myself first.

"Tell me *cough* how the interview went *cough* cough*"

I could tell she was fighting against her illness. It broke my heart to see her like that.

"Shh, Mi Jung don't speak too much. Here drink that first." I handed her a glass of water, supporting her head with the one hand and helping her to drink with the other.

"The interview?..Ah yes! I almost forgot that.
Well, we were the only group, which got an interview directly without even passing an audition, soooo I think it's a good sign ? They were pretty impressed by our songs and lyrics, I hope we will pass, we already dreamed for so long for making our hobby into our dream job. They said, they will call us if they've decided to take us in or not, means now we have to wait and it makes me crazy, not to know, when they could call us.. I need every distraction I can get.

"Hoseok-ah, don't *cough*cough* stress out too much, because of that, ok?
I know *cough*cough*cough*", she snapped for air hardly and continued, " they will take you guys. You really deserve it and if not *cough*cough* they will never find out, what they would lose with not taking you *cough*cough*cough*

Aisssh, this cough is killing me, literally. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. You should rest. Not wasting your leftover enegery on me. I will bring you new water, ok? I will be right back."

I stood up from my chair and left the room.
Did she remember what I've told her yesterday ?
Probably not, she was sleeping.
Should I tell her it again ?
Better not, she wasn't in a stable condition..but on the hand...It was her granddaughter, what if she won't have enough time until I bring Y/N back ?

Again and again too many thoughts circled around my head. I really should stop overthinking everything.
...
"Here drink more" I handed her another glass of water while putting down the bottle on the nearby cupboard.

"Mi Jung, I have to tell you something important." I decided to tell, what I've been thinking, hoping for not regretting it.

She turned her head around slowly and raised her both eyebrows, making her small forehead to get wrinkled.