epilogue; part 2

Third person's POV

"How?" Isabella's voice is barely audible.

"Look Isabella, let me explain-"

"Explain? Explain what Caleb? How you didn't die or why you didn't contact me huh?" Isabella takes a step closer to Caleb.

"You have every reason to be angry at me but hear me out. Please!" Caleb begs.

A few tears escape her eyes.

"Isabella..." Caleb tries to touch her cheek but Isabella takes a step back.

"Explain then." She says as she looks down to the ground.

"I can't. Not here and not now."

"What the fuck? Why do you keep saying that I should let you explain then?!" Isabella shouts out of anger.

"I'm in the middle of class like you. Let's discuss this after school."

"You want me to wait till the end of school? Are you kidding me."

"Yes." Caleb says. "Please." He begs her.

"Alright." She gives in and walks past him.

As she enters the class everyone looks at her confused. She sees some of the girls talking to themselves probably about her but Isabella doesn't care. She slumps back into her seat in the back and lays her head into the desk.

Caleb also returns and goes back to teaching as if nothing happened.

Isabella is surprised how he can act like that. No wonder he didn't contact her. He probably just acted like the incidents that happened in the few years didn't happen at all.

Stupid asshole, she thinks to herself.

Luckily the class is over and Isabella packs her things into her bag in a rush and is one of the first to leave the room. She can't handle being in the room with him.

Of course she actually should be happy to see him alive, but she's angry that he didn't contact her. He out of all the people should have known how she felt five years ago. He didn't even come to visit her once in the orphanage.

"Hey Isabella!" Yuna catches up with her on the way to her next class. "How was your first lesson?" She asks.

"Uhm it was alright." Isabella lies. "What about you?"

"Oh my gosh! There was that one hot guy. And I couldn't stop staring at him."
Both of them laugh.
__________________
[fast forward]

Isabella is currently having her last lesson for the day. Nothing special happens after her first period. She and Yuna had a great time together. Yuna helped her forget about Caleb. During lunch Yuna kept trying to find that one guy she saw in her first period. In the second lunch break she was able to find him and told Isabella about it. Isabella has to admit that the guy was indeed hot, but not her ideal type. After the incident with Ryan Isabella also distanced herself from guys.

*bell*

"You're dismissed." The teacher announces and Isabella starts to stuff her belongings into her bag.

She is in the hallway waiting for Yuna. Even though she actually has to go see Caleb now, she still agreed on meeting up with Yuna after school which she regrets now.

Someone approaches her. It isn't Yuna.

It's Caleb.

"Wait for me at the parking lot. If we're seen together people can take it the wrong way." Caleb tells her.