Chapter 24

"Where have you been?"my mom asked."out"I slurred."and your drunk."my mom said shaking her head."we will talk about this tomorrow"she said before walking upstairs. I followed after her and went into my room. I closed my door behind me and took off my shoes. I fell right to sleep once my head hit my pillow.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I woke up with a headache the next morning. I heard the door open and looked at it hoping it was Justin. But it wasn't. My mom walked in and sat at the edge of my bed."how do you feel?"she asked."like complete crap"I said. She handed me some aspirin and a glass of water. I took the aspirin and swallowed it with the water."okay so punishment is no Justin for a week and your grounded for a month."she said."I don't think there will be any Justin ever"I said looking down."why?"she asked."Jason kissed me last night and Justin seen. I didn't kiss back though"I said."oh well you can figure that out with him next week and I need your laptop too."she said. I looked at her."are you kidding?"I asked. She shook her head."hand it over"she said holding out her hand. I got up and walked over to a corner in my room. I got my laptop and walked over to her. I looked at her. She motioned with her hand to give it to her."not my fault you decided to go to a party and get drunk"she said."well I'm sorry for trying to live my life."I said handing her my laptop and storming into my bathroom locking the door. I took out my phone. Good thing she didn't take that. I pulled up the convo with Justin.

Me

hey can we talk?

Once I heard my door click shut I walked out of my bathroom. I sat on my bed and heard my phone ding. I opened the message. It was Alex.

Bruh

I heard you got busted for getting drunk you dumbass

Me

Shut up shithead

I smirked and sat my phone on my nightstand and took out The Fault In Our Stars. I started reading it. About 5 minutes into reading it my phone dinged. I picked it up and across the screen it said justin. I opened the message.

My boo

yeah where?

I smiled and quickly replied back to him.

Me

my room but climb up to my balcony. I'm grounded and can't see you for a week

My boo

K

I stood up. What am I gonna say? I started pacing trying to think of what to say. I decided to just wing it when I came up with nothing. I heard a knock on my balcony door and I rushed over to it. I opened it to reveal Justin. I smiled."hey"I said."hi"he said stepping into my room as I closed the balcony doors."you wanted to talk?"Justin asked. I nodded. He motioned with his hand for me to start."okay so last night, its not what it looked like."I said."well what it looked like to me is some dude kissing my girlfriend."he said."his name is Jason and-""oh so you know him?"Justin cut me off. I nodded."yeah and he kissed me first but I didn't kiss back. Justin I wouldn't cheat on you. I'm not like that"I said. He looked in thought. His fave softened."your right. But that means he took advantage of you while you were drunk"he said his fists clenching at his sides. I put my hands on his chest and pecked his lips."calm down"I said. I kissed him and he instantly responded. He wrapped his hands around my waist while mine were around his neck playing with the hairs at the bottom of his head. I pulled away and put my forehead against his. I smiled and he smiled back."how am I gonna survive a week without you?"I asked."I don't know but survive it for me"he said. I groaned and he chuckled. We are currently cuddled up in my bed. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and I quickly sprang up pushing Justin into the closet. I quickly layed on my bed and grabbed my book acting like I was reading it. My mom walked into my room."I want your car keys too"she said. I glared at her."no"I said. She raised her egebrows."excuse me?"she said."I don't think I stuttered but just in case I did I said no"I said to her sitting up."really?"she asked."yeah"I said nodding."give me them now"she said."no! this isn't fair!"I yelled."who do you think your yelling at? and I'm the parent and I told you to give me your keys."she said."you made the decision to go out and get drunk"she added."yeah and I thought you were the one that told me to get up and DL something. To live my life. Well guess what?I can't do that because every time I try I gET IN TROUBLE AND ITS NOT FAIR. IM SICK OF IT"I said yelling at the end. She slapped me and it ecoed throughout my room. My hair was covering my face and I looked up at my mom through my hair. I started sobbing and tears started streaming down my face."you want the damn keys so bad? take them"I said throwning them in the hall. I stood a good distance away from her."Shae"she said trying to step closer to me."get away from me"I yelled. She stopped and tears were going down her face."I don't want to be near you and I don't want you near me."I said to her. She nodded."I'm sorry"she said before leaving. Right after she left I collapsed on the floor crying uncontrollably and Justin came out the closet and sat next to me. He picked me up and sat me in his lap sideways. I cried into his shirt as he rubbed soothing circles into my back. It suddenly became hard to breathe and I started thrashing around and screaming. There were black spots in my vision and then it all turned to darkness.

Justin's p.o.v.

I watched as her breath became uneven and ragged. She started screaming and thrashing around."Shae?"I said. She just kept going. It frightened me so much. Then it hit me. She's having a panic attack. All of a sudden she just stopped. Her eyes were closed."no no no"I whispered checking for a pulse and thank goodness she had one. I laid her on her bed and called her mom up. I told her what happened."this hasn't happened since my last boyfriend."she said sobbing. I rubbed her back. I heard movement behind us. I looked and seen shaes eyes flutter open. Before I could even move her mom was next to her on the bed."shae! Are you okay?"she asked."I'm fine"Shae said glaring at her mom."are you sure?"she asked."I said. I'm. Fine."she said through gritted teeth. Tears slid down her moms face."Shae I'm so sorry. i-i don't know why I hit you I don't know what got to me.I-i-""its okay"Shae said grabbing her moms hand in hers. I took that as my cue."I'll give you guys some privacy"I said stepping out. About half an hour later her mom walked out."she wants to see you"her mom said smiling. I smiled and nodded.

Shaes p.o.v.

Justin walked into the room and I patted the spot on the bed next to me. He took the hint and sat next to me."hey are you okay?"he asked. I nodded. I grabbed his hand."so what happened with your moms ex boyfriend?"he asked softly. I froze and my breath hitched. I tightened my grip on his hand."you don't have to tell me of you don't want to"he said cupping my cheek with his hand. I nodded."I want to. I need to get it out. And I'd rather tell you than anyone else."I said. He nodded."I got home from school and I was about to go up to my room when tom steps in front of me.

~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~

"Tom you scared me"I said laughing. He just stood there looking at me seriously."tom? what's wrong?"i asked. He smiled a kindof sinister smile. I took a step back."tom your scaring me"i said. He grabbed me."you know you are REALLY beautiful."he said brushing his hand on my cheek. I looked down and back up. His face was closer to mine and he was looking at my lips. He leaned towards them. I moved my head away and he started kissing my neck."what are you doing?!tom!TOM! STOP!!"I screamed as he kept kissing further down. I tried to get out of his grip but he just tightened it. He ripped off my shirt. I screamed. My mom walked into the house."MOM HELP ME PLEASE"i cried. She rushed over and tried to get him off of me. He turned around and I ran to the phone. I dialed 9-1-1."9-1-1 what's your emergency?"the receiver said."my moms boyfriend tried to rape me and is hitting my mom-oh god-please help us"I cried."whats your address?"they asked. I told them my address."okay sweetie we have police and paramedics on their way"they said."okay"i whispered." who was that?"tom asked. I froze."look at me"he said. I didn't move."I said lOOK AT ME!!"He screamed forcefully turning me to face him. He raised his and I closed waiting for his hand to come in contact with my cheek but nothing happened. I slowly opened my eyes to see police and paramedics. I sighed in relief. A guy paramedic came over to me and wrapped a blanket around me since my shirt was torn. I smiled weakly."thank you"i said. He nodded and smiled. He put a hand on my lower back and led me out."wait where's my mom?"i asked. He pointed to an ambulance."come on"he said grabbing my hand. We ran to the ambulance and got in."your gonna need to get inspected. Make sure there's no injuries okay?"he asked looking into my eyes. I nodded." I'm damon"he said putting his hand out for me to shake. I stared at his hand contemplating if I should shake it. I took his hand." I'm shae"i said and he smiled.

~~~~~END OF FLASHBACK~~~~~

"And that's how I met my best friend. He's been there for me since then."i said. Justin nodded."Im here for you too"he said squeezing my hand. I smiled."i know"i said. He smiled. I leaned in and kissed him. He kissed back. I smiled and pulled back."what the hell are you doing with my girlfriend?"asked a familiar voice behind me. I turned around and jumped off the bed into Damons open arms.