Chapter 21

The look on Justin's face was priceless. Everyone was dancing and some were sitting down. The music was so loud the ground was shaking."you did all of this for me?"justin screamed over the music. I nodded."I had a little bit of help though."I screamed."from who?"he asked."hey!"Tyler screamed coming and standing next to me. I hugged him."from him"I said."what the hell is this? is this some kind of sick joke?"justin said. I lost my smile and looked at Tyler then back at justin."excuse us"I said to Tyler. I grabbed justins hand and dragged him through the crowd of people. I took him into a quiet room."what the hell is wrong with you?"I asked him."what was that? since when do you hug your enemies?"he asked."he's not my enemy"I replied walking away from him."then what is he to you?"he asked."my friend"I said turning back to him. He laughed bitterly."your joking right?"he asked. I narrowed my eyes at him."no I'm not joking"I said."wow. Just wow Shae."he said. I didn't say anything."why?"he asked."Because he apologized an-""just cause he apologized? wow"justin cut me off."first I didn't finish and second DON'T cut me off"I said pointing at him."as I was saying. He apologized and we made an agreement"I said. Justin scoffed. He shook his head."what?"I asked."when did this idea come to your head to accept and be his friend?"he asked him."why does it matter? he's nice to me and treats me good"I said. Justin raised his eyebrows."oh really?"he said."not like that justin."I said rolling my eyes. Without another word he stormed out of the room. I followed him. He walked outside and I followed."where are you going?"I asked him."I'm leaving"he said glancing back at me."how are you gonna get home?"I asked him."I have two feet soo....I'm walking"he said bitterly."why are you acting like this?"I asked him."because you want him instead of me. I know it"he said."NO I DONT"I screamed."JUSTIN STOP"I screamed. He just kept walking."What are we then? together or not?"I asked scared of his answer. He stopped and looked at me for a moment."not"he said looking at the ground. I lost it. I started crying my eyes out. Justin looked at me and then started walking again. I dropped to my knees and was crying hysterically. I can't believe he just broke up with me. I heard the door and then someone started running towards me. Tyler wrapped his arms around me. I shrugged him off and got up. I walked down the driveway still crying. I didn't know where I was going but I just kept walking not really caring.

Justin's p.o.v

I looked at her and then averted my eyes to the ground."not"I said. I heard a whimper and looked up. She was crying. It broke my heart and I turned and started walking again. I walked all the way home. I walked in the door and shut it behind me."hey man where you-"fredo started but stopped."yo dude what's up?"he asked frowning."I broke up with her"I said before heading upstairs and into my room. I sat on my bed and took off my shoes. I screamed in frustration. I threw my head in my hands. After a few minutes I realized what I had done. I got up and started pacing. How the hell could I be so stupid? I just broke it off with a truly amazing person. I turned and punched the wall, leaving a hole. I was trying to calm down my breathing. I felt pain shoot up my side to my stab wound. I groaned in pain and leaned my back on the wall. I slid down it and put my knees up. I put my head in between them. 'your not just gonna sit here, do nothing and let her go right?' my self conscious asked. She probably hates me now. What's the point? I groaned and got up. I ran down the stairs and out the door to my car. I drove away towards shaes house.

I arrived at her house and knocked on the door. Her mom answered."hey Ms. Harter"I said. I tried to ignore the glare she was sending my way."Justin"she said coldly."can I speak to Shae?"I asked. I heard movement and looked behind her. Shae was on the stairs looking at me. As quick as she came she was gone up the stairs."she doesn't want to speak to you"her mom said."please. I didn't mean it. I was just so- angry. I want to fix this. please"I said tears building up as I spoke. Her features softened and she moved aside. I walked in and ran up the stairs. I knocked on shaes door but she didn't answer. I walked in and froze at what I saw. She was sitting on her bed with Tyler and there lips were locked. I left the room with the door wide open. I let a tear slip and then I quickly wiped it away. I ran down the stairs and towards the door."what did you do?"her mom asked."n-nothing. I did nothing."I said and then i left. I got into my car and quickly drove off.

Shaes p.o.v

I listened to what Justin was saying. He wants to fix things? I ran into my room. Tyler gave me a questioning look."he said he wants to fix things"I said furrowing my eyebrows."do you believe him?"he asked. I shrugged."i-i don't know"I said. I sat cross-legged in front of him. He smiled and I smiled back weakly. He leaned in and next thing I knew he was kissing me. I tried pulling away but he wouldn't let me. I heard a knock and then my door opened. I heard footsteps rushing away from my room. I pulled back from Tyler and slapped him across the face. Hard. I stood up and watching him grab his cheek. He looked up at me."what the hell!"I growled out."that's what I'm saying!  I just got broken up with and was about to get things fixed and yOU KISSED ME! YOU JUST RUINED EVERYTHING"I screamed in his face."how? you guys aren't even together!"he said. Tears fell from my eyes."he came in here Tyler. that's how" I said storming down the stairs. He followed me down the stairs."Shae i-""DONT"I yelled cutting him off."but shae-""get out"I said pointing at the door. He stumbled back confused."what?"he asked."did I stutter?" I asked. He shook his head."OK then goodbye Tyler."I said. He slowly walked to the door. He opened the door and just before he left, he looked at me with a pleading look. I just turned away from him. I heard the door shut and that's when I lost it."I messed up mom."I sobbed."tell me what happened."she said. I nodded and sat down next to her on the couch. I told her the story."so that's why Justin left looking upset"my mom said. I just cried harder."oh sweetie"my mom said pulling me into a hug."he- h-hates m-me"I said crying even harder."no he doesn't. If you want to be with him, explain it to him, if not, leave it be but by your state I think you want to be with him."I huggedand kissed my mom goodnight and then headed upstairs. I took of my pants and shirt. I slipped on one of Justin's shirts that was at my house. I turned off my light and went and layed on my bed. I set my alarm for school and then plugged my phone into its charger. I layed back. I cried and cried until I tired myself out and fell asleep.