Two Years Later

Dan pulled out his phone and went to the contact "Sunshine!"

D: be dressed fancy and ready in 15 minutes, remember. just picking up a few things from the store and we can head to the Ledbury. i love you very much xx

P: Already got my suit on love. I'll see you then bear.

Dan felt the "few things" in his pocket. He pulled it out just to look at it one last time before it was hopefully shining on his love's finger. He popped open the little velvet case and there it was, a simple gold band engraved with "forever my love" on the outside, "always my parachute" on the inside. Dan felt like he swallowed ten butterflies and they were trying to escape. Don't back out because you're scared Howell, the reassuring but firm voice in his mind scorned. "I got this." He said to himself, mostly talking back to the voice. Dan clutched the plastic-wrapped red roses he picked out for Phil. He started on his way from the ring shop back to the apartment.

Tonight. Their two year anniversary he was going to do it. He pulled out the ring he had it picked out since a week after they moved in together. It was silver with a black design wrapped around it, matching his love's monochrome style. He made sure to keep the outside simple and small so Dan wouldn't have to remove it for any reason. But the inside was much more meaningful. It read "I'll always be there when you fall, parachute" in a tiny font. The past two years with Dan had been the best years of his life. Phil's family adored Dan almost as much as he did. Their lives were complete bliss. There were some moments that would have been awful if he was with anyone else. But he wasn't with just anyone he was with Daniel James Howell, a man he couldn't be upset with for more than hours at a time. Phil knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Dan and Phil's mum couldn't have been more excited. She was already planning bits of the two's wedding with Dan's mum. Phil drew himself out of his thoughts and kissed the ring. "Tonight bear," he whispered to it before shutting the box and putting it in his suit pocket. He got up from their bed and moved to the living room, sinking into his sofa crease waiting for his love to arrive.

Dan fixed and primped his floral suit, wanting everything about him to look absolutely perfect. He took out his phone and fixed his soft curls. He took a look at himself in the camera for a moment longer. He was more full of colour and happiness than he's ever seen himself, and Phil brought that all to the surface. Of course, Dan's depression could never be fully gone, but Phil made it melt away with his endless love and uplifting personality. Dan smiled to himself and locked his phone. He unlocked the door to their flat and looked around for Phil in the loft. "Hello lovely, are you rea-" Dan got cut off from being choked up. His boyfriend, hopefully, soon-to-be fiance, looked absolutely dashing. "Phil, you look... you're beyond words." His black hair fell perfectly on his head and a little over his eye. His semi-silk looking maroon suit was tailored to every millimeter of his amazing body. Dan stood in shock, almost losing his grip on the roses. Speechless.

Phil grinned at his to be spouse and was taken back a bit, Dan's suit showed so much more of his personality than his usual black jeans and matching black shirt did. His breath caught on his utter love for him and he got up from the couch and wrapped his arms around Dan, moving the flowers so he could hold him close. "You take my breath away," He kissed Dan passionately. "God, how did I possibly get so lucky?" He moved back fixing the creases the hug had made in Dan's suit. "We're going to be late aren't we?" He asked moving to the door pulling Dan out with him and locking up the door, pulling his phone out to get a cab to their restaurant. Phil had secretly invited their families to meet them inside. He had them sit far away from their reserved table so Dan wouldn't see them until he asked Dan to marry him. The cab ride was full of kisses and whispers of love. Phil couldn't wait for this to be forever. As they arrived Phil climbed out of the cab, tripping a bit as he did causing the ring box to fall out but he swiftly picked it back up and put it in its temporary space. He opened Dan's door and paid the driver, taking Dan's hand in his own as they walked into the restaurant.

Dan smiled and suddenly realized he was so lovestruck he forgot to give Phil his flowers. "Wait!" He stopped Phil, "These are for you, though they're nowhere near your beauty." Dan smiled. He gave Phil a quick peck on the lips and held open the giant, fancy door to the restaurant for his other half.

Phil grinned and took them instantly, smelling their beautiful aroma "Thank you, Dan." He smiled and walked in, telling the woman at the reservation desk of their reservation and she seated them at the same table that they had shared the night two years prior. They both ordered their meals and ate, exchanging glances and jokes. Phil finished his meal and began preparing himself to speak but Dan spoke first,

Dan could feel himself start to sweat as he spoke but tried to maintain his composure. "Phil, I have something I desperately need to get off my chest," Dan stood up out of his seat and slowly lowered himself onto one knee. "Philip Michael Lester, I've loved you since the day that I clicked your first video in 2009. I immediately felt so comforted by you, no matter what I was going through. Your lame jokes filled both of us with such laughter and I knew that I wanted to spend my life with no one else. I don't think I can ever express how much you mean to me, how much I want to thank you for everything you've done for me, and how much I truly love you. There's not any word in the English language that could describe how much I fucking love you. Your handsomeness is just a perk to the beautiful soul that resides in you. You're bright, fun-loving, and funny. You're pretty much the opposite of me but that's why we fit so well together, like yin and yang. You never fail to cheer me up, I can't even stand to be mad at you when you do something "wrong", which I don't even think you could. These past two years have meant more to me than any other years I've lived. The BBC Radio show, the Amazing Tour is Not on Fire, The Amazing Book is Not on Fire, and endless other amazing things, I could have never done without you. I wish I could give you the world Phil, but for now, you're going to have to settle for me until I can make that possible. So I was just wondering if you would make me the absolute happiest man alive and marry me?" Dan started to tear up in the middle of his speech, his voice breaks every couple of words. He carefully dug out the ring from his pocket, "Will you be my constant? My parachute?" Dan felt like he was going to pass out from nerves.

Phil was crying, he couldn't help it. Dan had the same idea as he did. Phil got up from his chair and kneeled down just as Dan had, fumbling to get the ring out of his pocket. "It's funny that you bring that up because, well...." Phil opened the box for Dan. "Now let me go into my speech before you say anything." He laughed a bit "Daniel James Howell. I met you on a bridge. I met you at your lowest point. You were seconds away from falling. From that day, that exact second I have wanted to hold you and NEVER ever let you fall. I didn't plan on spending the rest of my life with anyone. Let alone the most sarcastic, yet understanding man I have ever met. That night you brought the light back into my life. Every sad moment I have ever had, you stole and turned into just building blocks for the best years of my life. I wouldn't be here without you. I wouldn't be anywhere. But you were there. To catch me. You caught me and told me to shoot for the stars. We have never stopped flying. I never want us to stop. So Daniel, bear, my soul, my parachute. Will you marry me?" Phil was sobbing at this point taking Dan's hand into his own "Please say yes otherwise this will be quite embarrassing" He laughed a bit.

Dan laughed and sobbed at the same and fell into Phil's arms, "I can't believe this. Of course, I'll marry you, you absolute spork." He managed to joke through the laughter and tears. The boys could hear the uproarious cheering and clapping coming from other people at the restaurant. Dan couldn't stop smiling as he shakily put the ring on Phil's finger, barely able to function through the tears clouding his eyes and his uncontrollable hands. Dan grabbed Phil's face and kissed it a dozen times and then kissed him on the lips, filling the kiss with happiness and love.

Phil grinned and kissed his new fiance back, sliding the ring onto Dan's finger. "I have another surprise," he grinned pulling Dan and himself off the floor. "We said yes!" He cheered as their families appeared out of the crowd cheering loudly for the two men. "Oh, Phil my boy!" His mom cried wrapping her son up in his arms, sobbing loudly as the rest of their families showered them in congratulations and hugs. Phil grinned cheekily over at Dan who was surrounded by his own family.

Dan laughed and smiled as he saw his mum, dad, and brother emerge. He hugged them tightly and gave his mum an extra squeeze and when he pulled away, she was full on sobbing. She took his face in her hands, "Danny, I am so, so proud of you for all you've done. I'm so sorry I didn't accept you at first, but seeing how Phil makes you feel is more than I can ask for you, love. To be honest with you, Phil and I's mum have been organizing little bits of the wedding," she pulled out her phone and showed him different things that they planned. As she showed him, Dan looked over at his new fiance and gave him the most loving look and smile he's ever had.